The Student Room Group

More muscular=more attractive?

Attachment not found

Does being more muscular always make you more attractive?

What I mean is, are huge bodybuilders more attractive to women than more 'normal' looking guys who still have muscle but not too much?

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger(above) considered attractive to women?

Goes without saying that having muscle is generally more attrcative than not having any at all, but does getting bigger and bigger make you more and more attrcative?

Scroll to see replies

Subjective . He'll been an Adonis to some and repulsive to others :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
No, it's scary
Reply 3
Original post by Thomazo
Attachment not found

What I mean is, are huge bodybuilders more attractive to women than more 'normal' looking guys who still have muscle but not too much?

Goes without saying that having muscle is generally more attrcative than not having any at all, but does getting bigger and bigger make you more and more attrcative?

arnie in his prime [mr universe/world] would have still got girls [even without the fame], but he would have got more girls if he was less beefy, there's a point where the muscles can start to work again you in terms of attracting women and lower your appeal.

Original post by Supernova91
Subjective . He's been an Adonis to some and repulsive to others :laugh:

I've noticed girls say they prefer slim and toned to really beefy guys so as an experiment I got a beefy ripped guy with an average face put a picture up of him shirtless on pof and he got a heck of a lot of views from women, and maybe like 8 messages over a few days

an average looking faced guy who is slim and toned on the other hand got far far less interest and messages than the beefy guy ....so in all honestly a guy is probably better off bulking up too big and perhaps hoping on roids than going for the slim and toned look if he has an average face.

women preferring slim and toned guys to beefy guys only is true if the slim and toned guy has an above average face
Original post by ANM775

I've noticed girls say they prefer slim and toned to really beefy guys so as an experiment I got a beefy ripped guy with an average face put a picture up of him shirtless on pof and he got a heck of a lot of views from women, and maybe like 8 messages over a few days

an average looking faced guy who is slim and toned on the other hand got far far less interest and messages than the beefy guy ....so in all honestly a guy is probably better off bulking up too big and perhaps hoping on roids than going for the slim and toned look if he has an average face.

women preferring slim and toned guys to beefy guys only is true if the slim and toned guy has an above average face

Ok , doesn't speak for the whole population of women tho does it :laugh:
Personally I find guys like this more attractive rather than really muscular guys. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQ6R4bDhQX/?hl=en
Muscles are like large breasts. There is a happy zone. Then there is look :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing weird as they are out of proportion zone.
It's all about ratios.
Reply 8
Deadlifting 200kg+ or GTFO you genetic failure of manhood.

All girls obviously think like this. :yes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
Deadlifting 200kg+ or GTFO you genetic failure of manhood.

All obviously girls think like this. :yes:

no 1 cares about deadlifts its all about the bench press bro
Original post by Thomazo
Attachment not found

that's way too freaking much.

having a REALLY low body fat percentage and a nice, moderate amount of muscle is ideal.

I agree with sarxh's picture.

Don't like it when guys bulks like the girl is supposed to be thicc not u (other than ur dick obviously)

this is decent:
Attachment not found

a bit more than this would be fine too
Disagree actually. Not sure why so don't bother asking.
silly question lol
Think it's fair to say the rugby player physique is the most attractive
Reply 14
Original post by saraxh
Personally I find guys like this more attractive rather than really muscular guys. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQ6R4bDhQX/?hl=en

women will often cite guys like that as having the perfect body, but the dude has a noticeably above average face. I think it's his face luring you 95% in

with a T shirt on, he doesn't even look like he lifts, tbh looking at other pictures on google of him im not 100% convinced he lifts and that isn't just low bodyfat with no lifting.
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Think it's fair to say the rugby player physique is the most attractive

Nah the "buff upper body with slim legs" build is probably considered the most attractive. :h:

But admittedly some girls do like the tree trunk thighs.
Original post by stefano865
Nah the "buff upper body with slim legs" build is probably considered the most attractive. :h:

But admittedly some girls do like the tree trunk thighs.

Nah they don't want a lollypop for a bloke.

Wide shoulders, big traps, chest, back, legs and flat stomach with a manly face is the way to go :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
having a REALLY low body fat percentage and a nice, moderate amount of muscle is ideal.

The thing is, models and actors sometimes have to go to such lengths to achieve "really low" body fat percentages, to the point where it's extremely unhealthy. This paints a poor image of how men should actually look like. Then again, you haven't defined what "very low" is, but I'm assuming you mean below 10%.

20%-12% can look ideal for a man assuming he diets / exercises regularly.

I think the general consensus is a decent / moderate amount of relatively toned muscle. Personally I've gone from being underweight (125lb) to a good weight for my body type / height (165lb) with dieting and exercise, however presently I look a little skinny-fat which I'm working on. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Nah they don't want a lollypop for a bloke.

Wide shoulders, big traps, chest, back, legs and flat stomach with a manly face is the way to go :wink:

Hahaha

You're like that big bear type. Some girls do really love that. :tongue:

I'm sort of the football winger physique. Slightly stockier version of Neymar or someone like that. I'm probs faster than you bro. The wolf can always outrun the bear. :wink:

But yeah back on topic - unfortunately not many girls really 'like' my physique as such. Too vanilla.
Original post by ANM775
arnie in his prime [mr universe/world] would have still got girls [even without the fame], but he would have got more girls if he was less beefy, there's a point where the muscles can start to work again you in terms of attracting women and lower your appeal.

Did you seriously just say that if you have an average face then you should start injecting steroids? :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending