The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArianaChande
If a teacher does not turn up to a lesson after 15 minutes can you leave?
I'm in this situation now!

I leave after 20 minutes
I don't go. Means I avoid the 15 minute worry.
No This is nonsense - where are you going to go? you have to be in school and you can't just wander aimlessly round the school grounds... just send someone to the office to see where the teacher is
Reply 4
First time I've heard of this rule.
I don't even know... wait it out and hope for the best :tongue:
Reply 6
Why doesn't my teacher not turn up.....
When I was in sixth form I had my own version. If I was late by at least a minute to a lesson i'd just go home for the rest of the day :wink:
That depends if its acceptable at the Uni you are currently in or not.

And depends from the lecturer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Biggest Load of **** I've heard.

It's already been said and I'll say it again, YOU CANT JUST DOSS AROUND SCHOOL DOING NOTHING, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT TO END UP WITHOUT HIGH GRADES AND A :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: JOB.
Reply 10
Context helps.

If it's school, take the lesson to chill out. Play on your phone, w.e just don't get found out and enjoy the break.

If it's College/uni, your call. Take it off, I'd probably have left by then.
If you're a year 12 or 13 HELL YEAH! shoot kid gtfo of there lol! but if ur in school like year 11 bellow as someone said wtf u gon do? u cant go home or anything so u might as well wait
Lol nah my teacher came 40
Minutes late once and I was The only who stayed. They all got a consequence except me
Original post by ArianaChande
If a teacher does not turn up to a lesson after 15 minutes can you leave?
I'm in this situation now!

I leave after half-an-hour.
No teacher for last lesson.
Might just bugger off home in 25-30 mins.
Lol too many emotional people on here, the rule is 10 minutes my g
Original post by Anonymous
Biggest Load of **** I've heard.

It's already been said and I'll say it again, YOU CANT JUST DOSS AROUND SCHOOL DOING NOTHING, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT TO END UP WITHOUT HIGH GRADES AND A :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: JOB.

Or they might want to go to the library/ home and get started on some revision rather than aimlessly wait around for a teacher.
Original post by littleangel9914
Or they might want to go to the library/ home and get started on some revision rather than aimlessly wait around for a teacher.

fab point
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
fab point

Many wouldn't do this
Original post by Anonymous
Many wouldn't do this

I have
Yeah after 15 mins we usually bugger off but I have to say it's only happened twice to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending