The Student Room Group

Tesco questionnaire

Hello, I have tried doing this twice and failed both times. Does anyone know what they are looking for? Below are my answers to the questions. Thanks.

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will often be interacting with customers who have high customer service expectations. How do you feel about that?
A: I like serving customers and will do my best to delight them on their shopping trip

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will be working during some of the busiest times. How do you feel about that?
A: I am happy when I am kept busy and look forward to interacting with lots of customers

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will be working in a team and will often need to ask team members for help or advice. How do you feel about that?
A: I like working in a team and I am really happy to ask others to help me when needed

Q: As a Customer Assistant, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?
A: I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities

Q: A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?
A: Direct the customer to the customer service desk

Q: You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?
A: Start to refill the bakery while listening to the customer at the same time

Q: A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?
A: Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer

Q: You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?
A: Carry on tidying the aisle and don't interfere

Q: You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?
A: Say I would prefer to stay in my department and continue to get to know my colleagues there

Q: A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?A: Apologise that the item is out of stock but they can order it online
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yandex
Hello, I have tried doing this twice and failed both times. Does anyone know what they are looking for? Below are my answers to the questions. Thanks.

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will often be interacting with customers who have high customer service expectations. How do you feel about that?
A: I like serving customers and will do my best to delight them on their shopping trip

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will be working during some of the busiest times. How do you feel about that?
A: I am happy when I am kept busy and look forward to interacting with lots of customers

Q: Working as a customer assistant, you will be working in a team and will often need to ask team members for help or advice. How do you feel about that?
A: I like working in a team and I am really happy to ask others to help me when needed

Q: As a Customer Assistant, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?
A: I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities

Q: A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

Q: You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

Q: A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

Q: You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

Q: You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?
A: Say I would prefer to stay in my department and continue to get to know my colleagues there

Q: A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?A: Apologise that the item is out of stock but they can order it online

Perhaps increase the length (not artificially, but provide more detail) and increase the quality of your responses.

example:

My answer to that question would be:

Take a quick glance at the customer to ensure that they are of the right age to consume alcohol. The age should be checked at the tills, however if they are looking to buy alcohol and they look much younger than the legal age, then ask for ID if necessary.

My answer would be:

Apoligse and explain that you don't work in that department, however you know that the customer service desk will know and you can direct them there, and also offer to walk them to the customer service desk.

Those are two examples which provide a bit more detail (and good detail).

For the first few questions as well, if you have experience of giving customer service then draw on them and what skills you got from it.
Hey,

did you ever get the right answers in the end? As I am having the same trouble.
Original post by Yandex

LOL i answered using all these answers and they said i didn't pass the question stage so yeah i don't think they're right the answers...

Edit: LOl i should have read that you failed using those answers HAHAHAH i feel so stupid using the answers now :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Marshmallow2
Hey,

did you ever get the right answers in the end? As I am having the same trouble.

found these answers on another message board and i tried them they work like a charm !

I've just applied for 5 jobs at Tesco and found that this combination of answers worked:

Working as a customer assistant, you will often be interacting with customers who have high customer service expectations. How do you feel about that?

I like serving customers and will do my best to delight them on their shopping trip

Working as a customer assistant, you will be working during some of the busiest times. How do you feel about that?

I am happy when I am kept busy and look forward to interacting with lots of customers

Working as a customer assistant, you will be working in a team and will often need to ask team members for help or advice. How do you feel about that?

I like working in a team and I am really happy to ask others to help me when needed

As a Customer Assistant, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?

I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities

A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

Direct the customer to the customer service desk

You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

Apologise to the customer and tell them that you really need to restock the aisle

A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer

You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

Approach the customers and offer to help them find the prosecco

You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?

Help out in the other department and get to know my colleagues there

A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?

Present them with the Tesco own brand alternative
Original post by Yandex

I've just applied for 5 jobs at Tesco and found that this combination of answers worked:

Working as a customer assistant, you will often be interacting with customers who have high customer service expectations. How do you feel about that?

I like serving customers and will do my best to delight them on their shopping trip

Working as a customer assistant, you will be working during some of the busiest times. How do you feel about that?

I am happy when I am kept busy and look forward to interacting with lots of customers

Working as a customer assistant, you will be working in a team and will often need to ask team members for help or advice. How do you feel about that?

I like working in a team and I am really happy to ask others to help me when needed

As a Customer Assistant, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?

I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities

A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

Direct the customer to the customer service desk

You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

Apologise to the customer and tell them that you really need to restock the aisle

A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer

You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

Approach the customers and offer to help them find the prosecco

You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?

Help out in the other department and get to know my colleagues there

A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?

Present them with the Tesco own brand alternative
False answers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by anisuddin90
False answers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well which answers false?
I have redone this questionnaire 4 TIMES and these are the correct answers. God that was painful
Original post by bethh_brown
I have redone this questionnaire 4 TIMES and these are the correct answers. God that was painful

Yayyy
Reply 10
Original post by bethh_brown

Which are the correct answers?
can also confirm these answers still work!! Finally got passed the questionnaire stage after the 5th try instead of them telling me I had not met the minimum requirement to continue!
Original post by fatz112
Which are the correct answers?

the reply that has the bold answers in it
:smile:
i just tried those answers and they didn’t work :frown:
People are seriously not getting past this? I just did the questions by myself out of common sense to what they want and had no issues.

However, my temporary contract ended and I haven't been offered a permanent one, so I don't have my job there anymore :borat:
I just did the exact same thing 😂🤦🏻*♀️
Can I have the right answer plz tried several times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending