The Student Room Group

Do guys care about a girl's weight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your advice.
Well, if I get into my firm choice uni, I don't move in until the 23rd September and my exams finish this Thursday 22nd June so that is about three months I have to change myself I suppose!

what are you going to study at uni?
I wouldn't say my weight is unhealthy yet as I have no diagnosed conditions as a result of it but if I continue then it is likely to become that way which is partly the reason why I desire to lose weight over this summer.

Great x I'm trying to lose weight also. You can do it babes. :wink:
Reply 42
Nope.
Thank you for your advice.
Well, if I get into my firm choice uni, I don't move in until the 23rd September and my exams finish this Thursday 22nd June so that is about three months I have to change myself I suppose!

You will have a lot of time during uni as well. From what I have seen from my sister at uni (she is doing medicine), you have lots of time and it's not as stressful so you should be good. Good luck in your exams and at uni :wink:
Reply 44
I'm an 18yo female who is quite chubby and have never had a boyfriend, nor sex yet. I feel so awkward because all my friends seem to have had sex or had a boyfriend and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me.

Without being modest, of course, I think I'm fairly attractive (and when I had Tinder that was reflected because I got a fair few matches based on my face (I didn't show my body) - even though that's not the best measure) and I consider myself to be a generous person, putting everyone else before myself first...

And the fact that I haven't got a guy or had sex yet makes me assume that this is down to my weight... so I was wondering from the guys of TSR - do you consider weight to be a factor in judging whether a girl is attractive or not? Please be honest because I'm just curious.

I'm just fed up of being single and while a boyfriend isn't the priority in my life, it'd just feel nice to be known that I am loved because I have terrible self-esteem, mild anxiety and have depressive spells as a result of relentless bullying regarding my weight...

I'm planning to lose weight over the summer after I complete my A-Levels anyway more for myself as a way of improving my self-esteem and feeling proud of myself but whether that will happen or not, I really don't know yet.

Thank you for any contributions anyone can give.

Ok clearly you know the problem yourself. You're overweight!
Look not many guys find overweight girls attractive. As for tinder every guy just swipes right to any girl.

So right now you are looking probably like a beached whale.

But do not worry. You can fix this problem with a good gym plan and diet.
If you care that much about how unattractive you look because of your weight then sort it out.
Get up off your fat ass and lose weight.

Go on you can do it!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, who cares?
I'm an 18yo female who is quite chubby and have never had a boyfriend, nor sex yet. I feel so awkward because all my friends seem to have had sex or had a boyfriend and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me.

Without being modest, of course, I think I'm fairly attractive (and when I had Tinder that was reflected because I got a fair few matches based on my face (I didn't show my body) - even though that's not the best measure) and I consider myself to be a generous person, putting everyone else before myself first...

And the fact that I haven't got a guy or had sex yet makes me assume that this is down to my weight... so I was wondering from the guys of TSR - do you consider weight to be a factor in judging whether a girl is attractive or not? Please be honest because I'm just curious.

I'm just fed up of being single and while a boyfriend isn't the priority in my life, it'd just feel nice to be known that I am loved because I have terrible self-esteem, mild anxiety and have depressive spells as a result of relentless bullying regarding my weight...

I'm planning to lose weight over the summer after I complete my A-Levels anyway more for myself as a way of improving my self-esteem and feeling proud of myself but whether that will happen or not, I really don't know yet.

Thank you for any contributions anyone can give.

no i wouldnt mind dating a chubby girl
yes
Original post by ShadowSeeker
what are you going to study at uni?

Psychology and Education hopefully :smile:
Original post by Bad8oys
Ok clearly you know the problem yourself. You're overweight!
Look not many guys find overweight girls attractive. As for tinder every guy just swipes right to any girl.

So right now you are looking probably like a beached whale.

But do not worry. You can fix this problem with a good gym plan and diet.
If you care that much about how unattractive you look because of your weight then sort it out.
Get up off your fat ass and lose weight.

Go on you can do it!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way you worded this is... erm... interesting but thanks I think? That's what my plan is to do tbh, lose weight as soon as my A-Levels are done!
Reply 50
From my perspective, I would date a chubby guy, like similar to my weight, but nothing more I think. Chubby guys are cute tbh.
Which I guess is why I get so confused when guys don't find chubby girls cute most of the time. Guess it's personal preference though aha.

yeah true it's all subjective, I like girls who are thicc... or chubby or whatever you want to call it :lol: Skinny girls are just really not my type, that's just the way it is lol

Plus if you're ever unhappy about your weight you can always start working out, also an attractive face is usually more important than a nice body (to an extent) for most guys I think
Reply 51
e.g. for me personally I find this body type super attractive... what do you mean by chubby OP? Because a lot of girls tend to overestimate themselves lol
x

What is your bmi? Be honest.
Original post by eden3
e.g. for me personally I find this body type super attractive... what do you mean by chubby OP? Because a lot of girls tend to overestimate themselves lol

I'm slightly bigger than her and smaller chest. If you look back to one of the first posts on page 1 of this thread, on the scale he posted I'm about a 5 or 6!
Reply 54
I'm slightly bigger than her and smaller chest. If you look back to one of the first posts on page 1 of this thread, on the scale he posted I'm about a 5 or 6!

Ahh I see... still attractive to me :wink: and would definitely take a 5/6 over a skinny girl without hesitation

my point is you'll find plenty of different people with different tastes. like someone already said, you're going to uni soon so dw about it! :smile:
That completely depends on the man? I'm chunky and my fiancé thinks I am beautiful. I had a previous partner be a total arse about my weight (and I was MUCH smaller then than now), but he was just a dick. Some men will care, some won't. You'll find your perfect person, don't worry! :smile: You're beautiful no matter your size.
Reply 56
Original post by ShadowSeeker
onto the case @Future.

hi OP
nice to meet you
I do understand ..please do not feel that you are not accepted
Im 19 yo boy
not everyone is you, and dont try to please anyone
personally I havent had a girlfriend nor sex..doesnt mean I wont get one..its just that it hasnt happen yet

A guy (particular someone who loves you wilol love the way you are)
I personally dont look at bums or breast etc
but I look at the personality of the girl....never her body image.
moreover its a guys preference not all like big boobs and not all like small breast. My point you cannot please everyone in the world
if a guy truly loves its not for the matter that you have small breast or large bum its for your personality. As you will eventually have children and he wants to see your attitude and the way you behave.
Moreover everyone will age and grow old so that means the looks will eventually fade.
Please dont do anything stupid...be yourself..yes go ahead if you want to lose weight but not to please others...

if you have read my msg above I have specifically said I look at a girls personality first..than look
I know Im not for everyone liking or to please anyone its just my humble opinion
I understand guys do likie hot, fit and sexy girls .I am not indenial of that
but you see i am a guy who is considered attractive by many girls ...but that me..yes i do play sports, i was fit at one point..good looking but end of the day its me .....i am who i am nobody can change that

awww you cutie :h:
It will almost always be a factor; the relative importance is what will change. Personally, I don't care enormously. I'd be concerned if they couldn't leave the sofa, but beyond that most other things are negotiable.
Original post by Future.
awww you cutie :h:

me cutie ? nahhhh :rofl::rofl:
:kissing2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending