The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Mature or postgrads starting 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sonalitomar7
Hey, I'm 22 and will be doing masters coming September. I'll be staying at Madison Court, Raleigh Park too. Which block will you be in?

I'm block 4! What about you? 💛
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by philosophoraptor
I'm block 4! What about you? 💛

Oh I'm Block-7 :smile:
25, Starting MA next fall looks like I should apply to Raleigh or Melton!
Hey guys.

I'll be 27 when I start at UoN in Computer Science. First degree and first time at Uni for me :smile:

I'm staying in Raleigh Park. Where did you manage to find what block you're in on the derwent students site?
Original post by volsung92
25, Starting MA next fall looks like I should apply to Raleigh or Melton!

Raleigh for sure! Most popular with postgrads
Original post by genericwhiteguy
Hey guys.

I'll be 27 when I start at UoN in Computer Science. First degree and first time at Uni for me :smile:

I'm staying in Raleigh Park. Where did you manage to find what block you're in on the derwent students site?

Didn't you get to choose a room? The details should be in your tenancy agreement
Original post by philosophoraptor
Didn't you get to choose a room? The details should be in your tenancy agreement

Hey. I did. But all it says is 008A.
Reply 27
Hi, im doing nursing, ill be 26 in September. don't know what to do about accommodation though :frown:
Original post by stephlp1
Hi, im doing nursing, ill be 26 in September. don't know what to do about accommodation though :frown:

Raleigh park!
Original post by stephlp1

It depends on what you want in a room (and if you're postgrad or undergrad) - If you're a postgrad I can be a bit more specific. When I applied for housing as of May 19 there were only single study rooms available at Raleigh & Cloister House, at Broadgate park there was Standard/Large Standard/Studio/Large Studio, St.Peters Court had Ensuite & Large Ensuite, and Melton Hall was booked solid.
Reply 30
Hey guys,

I have an ensuite room in Madison Court (Raleigh Parkt) to offer for 17/18.
Willing to give it away for 500Pound less than the original annual price, as I need to find someone to take over my lease in order to be able to move out.

It's a postgrad girls flat, so no undergrads annoying you or whatever :wink:

Please give me shout if you're interested!
Reply 31
Yep, I'm 21 and I'll be doing my Masters in Psychology this Sept! :smile: Im staying in a self catered hall but not sure which one as yet.
-Bronwen
I just turned 26 and will be doing Masters in Computer Science. Haven't applied for accommodation yet, but given the popularity of Raleigh Park among postgrads, will mostly be applying there! :smile:
Reply 33
I decided against the student accommodation in the end. For the price I can get myself a nice 1 bed flat and not have to share a bathroom or kitchen with a bunch of teenagers.
I am officially too old for that ****
I opted for a studio at Broadgate Park. If anyone else has landed there let me know!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! I'm 21 and I'm starting at PhD in structural biology at Nottingham in October. I'm only in Nottingham for the first 6 months so can't live at Raleigh Park, so I thought I'd throw myself in this forum to maybe get to know some postgrads :ciao:
I've noticed that there isn't a Facebook chat/group for post grads (unless there is?). Anyone interested in starting one?
Reply 37
I just did better in my Access course than I was expecting so it looks like I'm starting in Spetember!

I'm 28 in October. Feeling a bit skeptical about going back to uni vs. trying to work my way to a decent job, but I thought I might as well give the whole uni thing a shot. With the way higher education is going every year looks like it'll count when it comes to getting a decent education.

Original post by riz.layton
I've noticed that there isn't a Facebook chat/group for post grads (unless there is?). Anyone interested in starting one?

Daycent idea.
Reply 38
Original post by vk26
I'll be doing Masters in HR come Sep and I'm 33!!

I am also doing the HR masters
Finally a thread I can relate to!

I'm 22 and I'm doing my masters in Finance & Investment; Just got my bachelors from the USA. Never been to the UK so I'm hoping it'll be one hell of a year. I'll probably live in Raleigh or Nottingham Two so I'm excited to meet everyone there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending