The Student Room Group

Application for Student Loan

If I started a university course 12 years ago in Romania, but left university after a few months and never completed not even the first year, do I still qualify for a student loan?
Original post by EspressoMachiato
If I started a university course 12 years ago in Romania, but left university after a few months and never completed not even the first year, do I still qualify for a student loan?

Yes

If you declare the previous study to SFE then they'll count that as your "gift" year. If you were self funded at a private university then that wouldn't count against your gift year.

Although if you don't declare it to SFE they'd have no way of finding out about it from other sources.
Original post by PQ
Yes

If you declare the previous study to SFE then they'll count that as your "gift" year. If you were self funded at a private university then that wouldn't count against your gift year.

Although if you don't declare it to SFE they'd have no way of finding out about it from other sources.

Thank You for your response.

I'll move this to the Student finance forum to allow the SFE reps to look at your case.
Dreamliner

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi EspressoMachiato,

You may still qualify for student finance but your previous study would be factored into it when assessing your application.

All students are entitled to the length of their course + 1 additional year of support and then minus any previous study.

Warm regards.
Reply 5
Hi Gerad I have a question about the application form.this part is for my mothers part and basically the question is where does my mom declare that she gets child tax credits and she earns no other income. The help will be appreciated
Original post by K4m
Hi Gerad I have a question about the application form.this part is for my mothers part and basically the question is where does my mom declare that she gets child tax credits and she earns no other income. The help will be appreciated

Hi K4m,

Child Tax Credits are not considered taxable and wouldn't need to be declared.

Warm regards.
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi EspressoMachiato,

You may still qualify for student finance but your previous study would be factored into it when assessing your application.

All students are entitled to the length of their course + 1 additional year of support and then minus any previous study.

Warm regards.

Thank You very much for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending