The Student Room Group

Why does Employment companies do dumb things like this

I have various jobs under my belt, but none of which is off a such a high calibre. When i apply for jobs i end up being offered positions that are more than what i am qualified to do and when i dont meet the requirements, than i am fired. Surely if a company needs someone to for fill a high position , they should take on someone who has the necessarily skills.- surely.. so why waste everyone's time?
Original post by charmaine45th
I have various jobs under my belt, but none of which is off a such a high calibre. When i apply for jobs i end up being offered positions that are more than what i am qualified to do and when i dont meet the requirements, than i am fired. Surely if a company needs someone to for fill a high position , they should take on someone who has the necessarily skills.- surely.. so why waste everyone's time?

You might interview really well and have the necessary skill set in your CV to move up a rung.

One of two things is then happening:

1. You're not a good fit for the role and it's not working out as they had hoped.
2. They're a bunch of shady ****s and its easy to get rid of somebody when they're just in the door.
Original post by Friffinghell
You might interview really well and have the necessary skill set in your CV to move up a rung.

One of two things is then happening:

1. You're not a good fit for the role and it's not working out as they had hoped.
2. They're a bunch of shady ****s and its easy to get rid of somebody when they're just in the door.

But they if i am not a good fit for the role , why the hell take me on? I mean , it just doesnt make any sense ...if i dont have any experience , how the hell do they expect that i will automatically work miracles?..You say easy to get rid of someone when theyre in..explain please ??
But they if i am not a good fit for the role , why the hell take me on? I mean , it just doesnt make any sense ...if i dont have any experience , how the hell do they expect that i will automatically work miracles?..You say easy to get rid of someone when theyre in..explain please ??

Because sometimes you don't know whether somebody is capable of all that they say they are until you see them do the job.

It's easy to get rid of somebody when they have just started as they can just terminate your employment through your probationary period and you have very few rights.

If you've been placed by an employment agency theres every chance that they're just trying to get you into jobs whether they're suitable or not so that they can pocket the commission for finding somebody to fulfil the role.
Because sometimes you don't know whether somebody is capable of all that they say they are until you see them do the job.

It's easy to get rid of somebody when they have just started as they can just terminate your employment through your probationary period and you have very few rights.

If you've been placed by an employment agency theres every chance that they're just trying to get you into jobs whether they're suitable or not so that they can pocket the commission for finding somebody to fulfil the role.

Thank you for that...My work place got rid of me because they wanted me to be a modern day mental slave for the white people at work and used the fact they thought i would pick the task up quicker - despite the fact they said it takes 9 weeks to learn and already i had picked some things up within 1 week. My colleague was a no-it-all type that had the managers licking her ass and she was the one pulling the strings in having me fired
Reply 5
Companies can only hire people that apply so you were probably the best of the limited pool that was available to them.
Thank you for that...My work place got rid of me because they wanted me to be a modern day mental slave for the white people at work and used the fact they thought i would pick the task up quicker - despite the fact they said it takes 9 weeks to learn and already i had picked some things up within 1 week. My colleague was a no-it-all type that had the managers licking her ass and she was the one pulling the strings in having me fired

Interpreting your post, you seem to lack team working and diplomacy skills. It may well be nothing to do with your ability and everything to do with your victimised and (somewhat bigoted) attitude towards colleagues.

When they see that, the company are perfectly within their rights to terminate employment because just one person with a chip on their shoulder, has a disproportionate affect on the whole team morale and directly impacts the team productivity.

Really does sound like you need to lose the attitude and seriously improve your interpersonal skills.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik
Interpreting your post, you seem to lack team working and diplomacy skills. It may well be nothing to do with your ability and everything to do with your victimised and (somewhat bigoted) attitude towards colleagues.

When they see that, the company are perfectly within their rights to terminate employment because just one person with a chip on their shoulder, has a disproportionate affect on the whole team morale and directly impacts the team productivity.

Really does sound like you need to lose the attitude and seriously improve your interpersonal skills.

i do not need to improve ****.. I am not going to kiss ass with a bunch of goons who have chosen to isolate me from the very beginning.. most certainly NOT for the **** salary i was paid. I do agree the reason i was released was not work related . I can live with that because i have ALWAYS been good at anything i try my hand too..Thanks for that . but i will NOT ever subordinate to a company who has no equal opportunities policy and want it to sound good on paper. thx for that tho :smile:
Reply 8
If you're talking about retail this happens alot. They employ you as a temp, they day you will go to permanent part time. They then cut you off and say sorry no vacancies. Then 3 months later they hire again and repeat. John Lewis is famous for doing this.
i do not need to improve ****.. I am not going to kiss ass with a bunch of goons who have chosen to isolate me from the very beginning.. most certainly NOT for the **** salary i was paid. I do agree the reason i was released was not work related . I can live with that because i have ALWAYS been good at anything i try my hand too..Thanks for that . but i will NOT ever subordinate to a company who has no equal opportunities policy and want it to sound good on paper. thx for that tho :smile:

Can I ask what the job was?
Original post by aware1
If you're talking about retail this happens alot. They employ you as a temp, they day you will go to permanent part time. They then cut you off and say sorry no vacancies. Then 3 months later they hire again and repeat. John Lewis is famous for doing this.

No it was not in retail. i am glad i was fired actually because i seriously did not like the set up or my colleagues . I have been in the situation before and i ended up the worst for wear. My colleague ( who was the no - it - all and best at her job which meant the management sucked up to her )made racist remarks and i was the one that got suspended -even tho i did not verbally or physically attacked her
Original post by uberteknik
Can I ask what the job was?

Insurance

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending