The Student Room Group

Getting buff makes you 2x more attractive?

A lot of guys complaining about being ugly are just being lazy.

Just look at this guy, he went from being a 4/10 to an 8/10 and all he did was get buff:

http://imgur.com/h5qinVz

Scroll to see replies

Aye, it may grab people's attention more quickly, but if you're an absolute cock then it's meaningless and most people cannot be bothered, even if you are "buff".
Hm, he is not an 8 to me but he does look a little more attractive.
Like I've mentioned several times on several similar treads - it will greatly increase the chances for that initial, physical attraction. It's simple biology, there's very little debate there.

However, if you're looking for something more meaningful and permanent, it won't suffice. Charisma, kindness, chemistry and personality are crucial to long-term relationships.
He went from a 4/10 to a 7/10 (assuming he's 6'0+), though his hair did help to boost him as well. Sexual attraction is fundamental subconscious behaviour that's been hardwired over years of evolution into humans to find the more optimal genetic traits for reproduction to avoid chances of death. For example, the guy on the right would have a better chance of surviving if his acromioclavicular joint got dislocated while hunting than the left guy who would have pretty much died. Girls say that looks doesn't matter but in a club, they're naturally drawn to the taller, more attractive guys.
(edited 6 years ago)
boogie2988 is a chubby boi but deep down personality wise he is a nice boi.

but if you got biceps the size of ur head it's probably easy to catch people's attention and thus allow them to get to know you
Repeat after me: it's not about muscles, it's about attitude.

A dick with muscles is still a dick.
He's not even buff, just has wide clavicles
Original post by unprinted

That's b0llocks and you know it
He obvs got more attractive oxo
Wont happen without gear/genes.
Original post by CompleteMorality
Wont happen without gear/genes.

In this case, the guy is obvs on gear. If he is 6', he went from ~160lbs to ~200lbs whilst retaining indentical body fat percentage meaning he added 35+lbs of muscle which is impossible looking at his biological overview. Still a good transformation, from a 4/10 to a 7/10.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mad Sounds
In this case, the guy is obvs on gear. If he is 6', he went from ~170lbs to ~195lbs whilst retaining indentical body fat percentage meaning he added 25lbs of muscle which is impossible looking at his biological overview. Still a good transformation, from a 4/10 to a 7/10

This guy is still small, gear obvs didn't go too well.
Original post by JordLndr
This guy is still small, gear obvs didn't go too well.

Yeah he isn't the biggest, but this transformation is obviously stimulated by anabolic steroids considering he was 160lbs before. This is the kind of transformation I'd expect from a 15 yr old starting puberty where the right is where he is a fully developed 20 yr old with very good genetics. You can't just add that in like 6 months
Yeah he isn't the biggest, but this transformation is obviously stimulated by anabolic steroids considering he was 160lbs before. This is the kind of transformation I'd expect from a 15 yr old starting puberty where the right is where he is a fully developed 20 yr old with very good genetics. You can't just add that in like 6 months

Very true, beginner gains are always a large contribution too though
In this case, the guy is obvs on gear. If he is 6', he went from ~160lbs to ~200lbs whilst retaining indentical body fat percentage meaning he added 35+lbs of muscle which is impossible looking at his biological overview. Still a good transformation, from a 4/10 to a 7/10.

Can't say I agree with this. Any newbie who starts lifting can put on 10-20lbs of mass in their first year. He looks like he's added about 30lbs to his frame, of which about 20lbs is lean mass, which is doable by almost anyone
Original post by unprinted

Nah girls are still more attracted to a ripped guy than a skinny/fat guy
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Can't say I agree with this. Any newbie who starts lifting can put on 10-20lbs of mass in their first year. He looks like he's added about 30lbs to his frame, of which about 20lbs is lean mass, which is doable by almost anyone

Bro he went from 160lbs at 10% bf to 200lbs at 10% bf meaning he literally gained 40 pounds of raw muscle no fat. Naturally, this is a 3 year transformation. With steroids, it's a 4 month transformation.
I honestly don't understand why a lot of women like muscles but that's probably because I'm a straight guy.
Like in berserk if I were to choose who was more attractive the Band of the Hawk Leader Griffith or the Raid Captain I would personally choose Griffith. I mean Casca originally chooses Griffith over Guts and their relationship only really begins to develop as Griffith is imprisoned.

Spoiler

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending