The Student Room Group

need the money for accommodation

I applied for student finance as soon as i got my reference number from my college( about 2 months ago). i sent my mums evidence off as this is all they asked for. the other week they sent a letter asking for my dads evidence too, I rang them and they said now that will take at least 6 weeks to process. My college are asking for the money for my room by the 1st of august. What can i do as i wont have any money from student finance by then.
Reply 1
Original post by tiffanychloe98
I applied for student finance as soon as i got my reference number from my college( about 2 months ago). i sent my mums evidence off as this is all they asked for. the other week they sent a letter asking for my dads evidence too, I rang them and they said now that will take at least 6 weeks to process. My college are asking for the money for my room by the 1st of august. What can i do as i wont have any money from student finance by then.

Even if your student finance was sorted by the 1st, you don't get your first payment of it until September I'm afraid.
Original post by tiffanychloe98

Hi tiffanychloe98,

Currently financial evidence is 20 working days to process and payments are only released when we have confirmation of registration from the College which only happens once you are attending.

Payments are between you and the accommodation provider themselves but it may help to show them your Entitlement letter once you receive it.

Warm regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending