The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
@TheAlchemistress unless you are trained to a very high level in some sort of martial art, i'm sorry but the vast majority of males will physically be able to own you in a physical altercation

I saw something like that a few weeks ago when some 14 year old girl accused a man in his 50's of pushing her, and they were insulting each other a bit, then about 20 seconds later she comes up behind him when he's not looking and starts grabbing on his hair trying to manhandle him, the guy soon got the better of her, overpowered her and flung her to the floor ...she then ran away angry and told all her other mates and a gang of about 20 teenagers went searching for him. They didn't find him though....

as for disadvantages of being a woman:

low strength
have to give birth
biological clocking ticking and eggs running out
those with large breasts may find them annoying or that it slows them down running
Original post by ANM775
@TheAlchemistress unless you are trained to a very high level in some sort of martial art, i'm sorry but the vast majority of males will physically be able to own you in a physical altercation

I saw something like that a few weeks ago when some 14 year old girl accused a man in his 50's of pushing her, and they were insulting each other a bit, then about 20 seconds later she comes up behind him when he's not looking and starts grabbing on his hair trying to manhandle him, the guy soon got the better of her, overpowered her and flung her to the floor ...she then ran away angry and told all her other mates and a gang of about 20 teenagers went searching for him. They didn't find him though....

as for disadvantages of being a woman:

low strength
have to give birth
biological clocking ticking and eggs running out
those with large breasts may find them annoying or that it slows them down running

I appreciate your concern for me, but I don't think you have met me.

@qasim_96
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I appreciate your concern for me, but I don't think you have met me.

@qasim_96

Are you trained in martial arts? Sh*t. You're gonna end up beating me to death instead of using that rolling pin :lol:
Nothing.
Original post by qasim_96
Are you trained in martial arts? Sh*t. You're gonna end up beating me to death instead of using that rolling pin :lol:

😂😂 Am not the person you're getting married to though. 😂
Original post by thealchemistress
😂😂 am not the person you're getting married to though. 😂

praise the lord. Rolling pin it is then 😂😂😂
People expecting to be thanked when they call you "lady" instead of girl.
Original post by PQ
Employers don't foot the bill for maternity leave unless they offer above the statuatory amount (unlikely in a call centre) and if they do offer above statuatory amount then there's normally a clause about minimum time in employment before and after the leave to be eligible. I have known women stay in jobs after maternity leave where they were being bullied horribly by their boss because they couldn't afford to repay the maternity pay above the statutory pay (that employers are refunded for by the government).

92% unless they're a small business. Which if you think they now have to also hire another person to pick up the slack.... yeah not cheap.

Minimum time in employment clauses... are they even legal? 26 weeks is the common time period stated which is what the government puts the timescale as. Plus most employers I've worked for stick to that 26 week timescale (I had one offer it to someone who had worked there for only 2 months).

And there's no need to repay maternity pay... unless they've been stupid enough not to read the small print for contractual maternity pay which they don't have to accept and can stick with statutory. Normally the repayment clause is to stop women leaving jobs after receiving enhanced maternity pay, which is quite legitimate imho.
praise the lord. Rolling pin it is then 😂😂😂

It's a rolling pin, trust me it's better. 😂
It's is a rolling pin, trust me it's better. 😂

Better until you get turned into a round roti from all those beats 😂😂
boys going all weird when a girl does something they don't expect independently. whereas the bizarre is expected of boys. over sexualisation and romanticization of girlhood. over sexualisation of things, i find funny. girl solidarity sometimes seeming so softened. the majority of the female artists/writers i admire either don't have kids or their career struggled due to having kids.
Better until you get turned into a round roti from all those beats 😂😂

😂😂😂
You will become a roti. Then she might eat you with vegetables.
😂😂😂
You will become a roti. Then she might eat you with vegetables.

With that dhal 😂
With that dhal 😂

Dhal chawal. 😂😂
She might invite me to dinner
Reply 94
Periods, pregnancy and anything else genital related

Dealing with creepy indian men online

That's pretty much all I can think of, as a guy
(edited 6 years ago)
Dhal chawal. 😂😂
She might invite me to dinner

Oh so you're gonna eat me too? :unimpressed:
Original post by DanB1991
92% unless they're a small business. Which if you think they now have to also hire another person to pick up the slack.... yeah not cheap.

Minimum time in employment clauses... are they even legal? 26 weeks is the common time period stated which is what the government puts the timescale as. Plus most employers I've worked for stick to that 26 week timescale (I had one offer it to someone who had worked there for only 2 months).

And there's no need to repay maternity pay... unless they've been stupid enough not to read the small print for contractual maternity pay which they don't have to accept and can stick with statutory. Normally the repayment clause is to stop women leaving jobs after receiving enhanced maternity pay, which is quite legitimate imho.

Yes - they can reclaim 92% of the SMP back (or 103% for small businesses). Acting like paying 8% of someone's pay for 6 months is going to bankrupt you (or constitutes "footing the bill") when you're retaining a trained member of staff is ridiculous. If you didn't pay SMP then you'd STILL have to cover the recruitment and training costs. Still no reason to illegally ask questions about someone's plans for a family or to discriminate against women (especially now shared parental leave is a legal requirement so fathers can take months off too)

For additional benefits above the SMP minimums it's perfectly legal to have a minimum time for eligibility and a minimum time after returning within a contract. That's something an employer CHOOSES to offer and that they can reclaim if (as the person I replied to implied) people were choosing not to return from maternity leave.

Nice job on explaining my own post to me though while failing to read the (incorrect) man I was replying to. Always nice when men perpetuate the mansplaining stereotype. You missed out the opening "Well, actually" phrase though :nope:
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh so you're gonna eat me too? :unimpressed:

Calm down, am joking 😂
Calm down, am joking 😂

I was gonna say. it'll be the worst thing you ever taste 😂😂
I was gonna say. it'll be the worst thing you ever taste 😂😂

Your so mean to yourself. 😅

Latest