The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2018

Anyone applying for 2018 entry? Early bird eats the worm!

Scroll to see replies

Yes I will be applying in 2018 for paramedic Science
Yes I will be applying too. Does this come under the degrees which need an early application?I've read that certain degrees related to the NHS, some sciences have a deadline in October?
Original post by ashlysean
Yes I will be applying too. Does this come under the degrees which need an early application?I've read that certain degrees related to the NHS, some sciences have a deadline in October?

No, however some unis start interviewing as early as November so I'd advise to get your application in soon as spaces start filling up (Altho unis will tell you this isn't the case).
Reply 4
I'll be applying for 2018 entry!
@ashlysean are you coming straight from 6th form/college?
I am, and i've seen loads of people (on this site) applying as mature students coming from other medical careers, which scares me a little as they will probably get the upper hand with experience etc! :colondollar:
Original post by smej25
I'll be applying for 2018 entry!
@ashlysean are you coming straight from 6th form/college?
I am, and i've seen loads of people (on this site) applying as mature students coming from other medical careers, which scares me a little as they will probably get the upper hand with experience etc! :colondollar:

I am starting in my second year and did come straight from sixth form too. Yes mature students will have the upper hand but dont worry, there are plenty of people to help you out. You will be alright, trust me, there will be plenty of students that came from sixth form just like you.

and @ashleysean, I doubt it, my application got sent in january and had interviews from most unis.
Reply 6
Hi all where is everyone thinking of applying? My choices are Sheffield Hallam, Uwe and Bradford but unsure where else to fill up my options
Reply 7
Original post by Lweeze
Hi all where is everyone thinking of applying? My choices are Sheffield Hallam, Uwe and Bradford but unsure where else to fill up my options

I'm looking at Northampton, Wolverhampton, LJMU, Glasgow Caledonian and SGUL.
Not sure about SGUL though, as Its a bit of a trek! (I'm in the north)

Has anyone sent off applications yet? I'm hoping to get mine sent in the next couple of weeks.
Original post by Lweeze

Hi @Lweeze - Always happy to be on the shortlist! :bl:
So whose applying for Paramedic Science 2018
I am 😁😁😊 I'm applying for Greenwich, Canterbury, Brighton,St George's and Angila Ruskin which universities are you applying too?
I’m applying for Portsmouth, UEA, Worcester, Wolverhampton and Lincoln
I'm applying but I'm not really sure where to. I'm thinking UEA, Brighton, Worcester, Bath Spa and Heretfordshire. What work experience have you guys got?
Reply 13
I am :smile: I'm looking at applying to SGUL, Wolverhampton, Northampton, LJMU and Glasgow Caledonian.
Anyone sent off their application yet?
Reply 14
Hey! I've very nearly finished my UCAS. I just can't decide between Northampton or Birmingham for my final option. My other choices are UWE, SHU, Bradford and SGUL. Good luck to you all!!
Original post by sofiapesic
I'm applying but I'm not really sure where to. I'm thinking UEA, Brighton, Worcester, Bath Spa and Heretfordshire. What work experience have you guys got?

I have volunteered at kings college for 6 months on a paediatric ward.

I also volunteered for sports And I have a disabilied society at my previous uni
Original post by smej25
I am :smile: I'm looking at applying to SGUL, Wolverhampton, Northampton, LJMU and Glasgow Caledonian.
Anyone sent off their application yet?

Yup I have already last week and already got 1 rejection and 1 interview offer :smile: so send it off soon interviews start in November
Reply 17
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you apply?
Original post by smej25
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you apply?

Brighton
Greenwich
SGUL
Canterbury
ARU
Original post by Remedy8754
I have volunteered at kings college for 6 months on a paediatric ward.

I also volunteered for sports And I have a disabilied society at my previous uni

Jesus! I’ve got no where near that much!!

Quick Reply

Latest