The Student Room Group

Have you ever felt pressured into sex acts?

Poll

Have you ever felt pressured into sex acts?

A story by the BBC today claims that many young girls 'go along' with sex acts.

Whether it's coercion from a partner, influence from your peers, or more general social pressures, there are a lot of reasons a young person might feel like they should just 'go along' with acts of sex. It might even be that they only realise later that they regret what happened.

Have you ever felt pressured into undertaking sex acts?

What would make you confident to say 'no' when it comes to being sexual?

Do you feel like you've ever pressured someone into doing something they might have regretted later?

You can post anonymously in this thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlinkyBill

Whether it's coercion from a partner, influence from your peers, or more general social pressures, there are a lot of reasons a young person might feel like they should just 'go along' with acts of sex. It might even be that they only realise later that they regret what happened.

Do you feel like you've ever pressured someone into doing something they might have regretted later?

For those who have said they that they have felt pressured, can you give an example? thxthx
Yeah, with a partner, but I still enjoyed it. It's a specific thing that I didn't want to do much, but he stopped when I outright said "no" at a different thing.
Original post by E_M_M_I_E
Yeah, with a partner, but I still enjoyed it. It's a specific thing that I didn't want to do much, but he stopped when I outright said "no" at a different thing.

Oh yeah, also boys always give you a bit of a look when they want you to, you know, blow the sausage. It's quite pressuring.

Really it's consent. Sometimes it's like eating food.

You don't really like rice, but if your mum asks you if you want any, you say "eh". Then when you have it with chicken curry, it tastes really good.

It becomes rape or anything else negative pertaining to the subject if the person was neutral on it and didn't like it, and the partner(s) continue(s) doing it knowing they don't like it.
Oh yeah, also boys always give you a bit of a look when they want you to, you know, blow the sausage. It's quite pressuring.

You don't really like rice, but if your mum asks you if you want any, you say "eh". Then when you have it with chicken curry, it tastes really good.

It becomes rape or anything else negative pertaining to the subject if the person was neutral on it and didn't like it, and the partner(s) continue(s) doing it knowing they don't like it.

Did he call it his "little sausage" by any chance?
Reply 5
I have never felt pressured into having sex etc. My partner is super sweet; we check with each other every time to see if we're feeling ok. We have an amazing amount of trust and respect for each other. :h:
Original post by MrDoggyPants
Did he call it his "little sausage" by any chance?

You cheeky little rascal. ET GO HOME

Yeah I have, but not in a bad pressured way. For example, one evening my boyfriend and I had just eaten dinner at a restaurant and had come home, settled into bed to watch a movie before we sleep. After having a big meal, I feel full and unsexy, so I wasn't really in the mood. He was hinting he'd like to have sex, and I turned him down a couple times. I end up saying yes because in my head I'm thinking "having him hold me close is nice, and sex is nice too so I'll have a good time, so I'll do it". So I'm kind of pressured into it but not completely because I change my mind in the end.
Reply 8

This is sexist.
I've been pressured and I'm not a "young girl".
Original post by usualsuspects
This is sexist.
I've been pressured and I'm not a "young girl".

That doesn't make it sexist wtf. Jheez people like to splurt out allegations whenever they feel like it these days.
I haven't even touched the hands of a girl yet....
I guess my story fits into your stereotype of a "young girl" haha and yes I have been, about 3 years ago actually when I was 14/15. I guess I hadn't really gained the ability to say no at that point. But it wasn't until I was 16 did they teach you the healthy relationships thing and how exactly to say no without coming across like you hate the guy.
Yes, I've been pressured into and have pressured girls into such things, I feel. Sorry, but if you're sexually involved with someone and you haven't at least once done something you're not really comfortable with because it'd please your partner, then you're just selfish tbh.

Yes.

Respecting myself and realising that I have the choice and I'm not there for someone else's pleasure and they have no other option but to respect my choice.

I don't think so and I hope not.
Still a virgin so no. :rofl:

Erm no it doesn't matter if they like it - that has nothing to do with whether it is rape or not.

For reference, I am a 19-year-old female university student who has recently left a heterosexual relationship.

I sometimes felt under pressure to have sex with my boyfriend because I didn't enjoy it at all but I'd spent weeks trying to help him give me greater pleasure (and stop being so bloody selfish) and I just threw in the towel eventually. I didn't care about sex. If he wanted to have sex, fine, whatever. I'd indulge him.

Looking back I can see that was a really unhealthy behaviour.

I think I would be more confident saying no in a same-sex relationship. Most girls have been in the position of not wanting sex, so I think there'd be greater understanding there.

I don't think I've ever pressured anyone.

A lot of girls think regretting having sex with someone means that they didn't consent. So, I'd take what girls say with a grain of salt.
Nah, what?

EDIT: I read this on today on TSR as "pressure to exist" i'm sorry
EDIT EDIT: Still no tho
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol no.

Latest