The Student Room Group

Can I get Student Finance

Hello,
I have completed one year of University in English and Creative writing, after a three year break, would I get full funding and a maintenance loan to do an Accounting degree instead? I have heard that if you have done different degrees you would not get funding but would one year count ?
Thank you
Sofia O'Callaghan
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sofiaoc
Hello,
I have completed one year of University in English and Creative writing, after a three year break, would I get full funding and a maintenance loan to do an Accounting degree instead? I have heard that if you have done different degrees you would not get funding but would one year count ?
Thank you
Sofia O'Callaghan

Student finance is available for the duration of any new course + one "gift" year - any previous years of study.

So you'd get funding for the length of a new course. You'll be considered to have used your "gift" year though so any additional extra years (if you restart or need to repeat a year because you fail your exams) wouldn't be funded (for tuition fees - you'd still get a maintenance loan). That means it is very important that you do as much research as possible to make the right decision about any new course.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Student finance is available for the duration of any new course + one "gift" year - any previous years of study.

So you'd get funding for the length of a new course. You'll be considered to have used your "gift" year though so any additional extra years (if you restart or need to repeat a year because you fail your exams) wouldn't be funded (for tuition fees - you'd still get a maintenance loan). That means it is very important that you do as much research as possible to make the right decision about any new course.

thank you so much for your fast reply, that is great to hear
Sofia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending