The Student Room Group

UCAS A Level Science Practical Endorsement

Hi guys,

I sent my application off today and it just dawned on me that i forgot to get them to predict me a pass for the practical endorsement for chemistry.

To clarify i wasnt predicted a fail, it just wasnt on my predicted grades.

I cant imagine this is a big deal but im gonna ask what u guys recommend anyways. I know that i shouldve been predicted the pass, and it totally skipped my mind until right now.
Reply 1
Original post by Shaanv
Hi guys,

I sent my application off today and it just dawned on me that i forgot to get them to predict me a pass for the practical endorsement for chemistry.

I cant imagine this is a big deal but im gonna ask what u guys recommend anyways. I know that i shouldve been predicted the pass, and it totally skipped my mind until right now.

I never included this in my application, are you sure it's actually an option?

Either way, most unis don't care and even if they do, basically nobody fails it
Reply 2
Original post by Ed5
I never included this in my application, are you sure it's actually an option?

Either way, most unis don't care and even if they do, basically nobody fails it

It was on my physics grade so i know its an option, and my reference etc talks about how my practical skills are v.good etc.
Original post by Shaanv
Hi guys,

Universities place less emphasis on your predictions than you think.

They can make an offer conditional on passing the practical element even if your referee didn't add a prediction (in fact even if they'd predicted that you'd fail a university could still make you an offer conditional on passing the practical element - they'd just leave it to your judgement to decide whether you want to accept that offer).
Original post by PQ
Universities place less emphasis on your predictions than you think.

They can make an offer conditional on passing the practical element even if your referee didn't add a prediction (in fact even if they'd predicted that you'd fail a university could still make you an offer conditional on passing the practical element - they'd just leave it to your judgement to decide whether you want to accept that offer).

Yea this is true.I was a private candidate and only had a reference and no predicted grades due to being out of full time study.I got a offer for Manchester for chem eng so it really doesn't matter.They focus more on what subjects u doing , ps , interview and reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending