The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bloodygoth
It's not imaginary but of course I will have no impact on your self righteous beliefs.

Don't make claims that you have zero evidence for.

Why would we all go to heaven when the purpose of this world is to test us? To see which one of us does good and believes in Allah.

If we fail the test, his endless forgiveness reaches its limit? I thought that he already knew the result anyway?

Why would anyone believe in anything for which there is no evidence? Faith is not good - it's just another word for gullibility.
Original post by JMR2017
Don't understand why some people are getting so triggered over this :biggrin:

Original post by RogerOxon
I'm offended by stupidity in all its forms. The fact that so many people will believe any old BS claim is a major issue for mankind's advancement, if not survival. In the US, we have morons that think that because the Bible says that their god won't send destruction to the Earth again, we can ignore global warming. These people are a disgrace to the human race.

If you actually read many 'holy' books, they are vile, encouraging violence and extreme 'punishment' for non-crimes, e.g. apostasy. Fortunately, there's not a shred of evidence that any god exists.

Understand yet?
Original post by JMR2017
We will all go to heaven eventually.

No - it doesn't exist.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=5&verse=36

Indeed, those who disbelieve if they should have all that is in the earth and the like of it with it by which to ransom themselves from the punishment of the Day of Resurrection, it will not be accepted from them, and for them is a painful punishment

They will wish to get out of the Fire, but never are they to emerge therefrom, and for them is an enduring punishment.

Or is this, yet another, example of where your 'perfect' book contradicts itself?
Understand yet?

1) Why get triggered over someone else's decision, it's not your life. I wouldn't really care if someone left Islam for instance, it is their life, not mine.
2)You can't prove it to be wrong.
3) Just because a few 'morons' do not believe in global warming does not mean entire religion is to blame. I am an advocate for changing our habits so that we help the environment.
4) Most Holy books teach love and tolerance. There is no punishment for apostasy.
Original post by bloodygoth
So yes Allah is all forgiving to those who want his forgiveness. But those who question his existence are not really asking for forgiveness.
Allah does not forgive shirk (associating someone to him in worship)

Quran 4:116
Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray

This means that, as atheists or agnostics, we are comparatively safe : how can we associate anything to someone we don't believe in ?

best
Reply 85
Original post by utr
Nothing as far as I'm aware, but some people (extremists) take their religious beliefs to a completely different level in comparison to moderate Muslims.

I'm sorry but that's not good enough. What is in the scriptures for some people to take their beliefs to an extreme level? You need to read your scriptures and see where these verses are and what they mean.
Original post by JMR2017
There is no punishment for apostasy.
This is your opinion, but Islamic doctrine and history speak against it

anyway, best of luck
Original post by JMR2017

when a religion is so powerful and strong what do u expect
dw tho it'll keep growing inshaAllah and wont stop for no one
Original post by JMR2017
1) Why get triggered over someone else's decision, it's not your life. I wouldn't really care if someone left Islam for instance, it is their life, not mine.

So, sincerely believing that someone will be eternally punished for leaving Islam, you wouldn't care?

2)You can't prove it to be wrong.

If you can't see how wrong that statement is, you're beyond help.

3) Just because a few 'morons' do not believe in global warming does not mean entire religion is to blame. I am an advocate for changing our habits so that we help the environment.

Are you deliberately trying not to understand? That was an example of the danger of believing claims without evidence.

4) Most Holy books teach love and tolerance. There is no punishment for apostasy.

Not true . For example, the Bible teaches that we should stone unruly children to death.

You know full well that a significant proportion of Muslims disagree with you on apostasy. You might not believe that it should be punished, but that wasn't the point, was it?
So, sincerely believing that someone will be eternally punished for leaving Islam, you wouldn't care? Nice.

If you can't see how stupid that statement is, you're beyond help.

Are you deliberately trying not to understand? That was an example of the danger of believing claims without evidence.

*******s they do. For example, the Bible teaches that we should stone unruly children to death.

You know full well that a significant proportion of Muslims disagree with you on apostasy. You might not believe that it should be punished, but that wasn't the point, was it?

I've already said I don't believe in an eternal hell. And if someone does choose to leave Islam, I don't care, because they are accountable for themselves and I am accountable for myself!

I don't know about the Bible and 'stoning unruly children". I think parts of the Bible have been changed over time.

But I do know what the Holy Quran says on the matter:

"Losers indeed are they who kill their children foolishly for lack of knowledge, and make unlawful what Allah has provided for them, forging a lie against Allah. They have indeed gone astray and are not rightly guided." (6.141)
Original post by mariachi
This is your opinion, but Islamic doctrine and history speak against it

anyway, best of luck

"Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never forgive them nor will He guide them to the way." (4.138)

This verse would not make sense if the punishment for apostasy was death.
Original post by IMissMyDad
I used to dislike Islam. However after doing some research about their faith I have realised that Islam is a religion of peace :smile:

Trolling thread confirmed.
Original post by JMR2017

Using the word "triggered" is somewhat inflammatory and trollworthy.
haters gonna hate
Very good troll.

New account created. Check

No other posts. Check.

Very limited effort. Check

No substantiating detail. Check

Five pages of responses (so far) from people who bit. Check.
Original post by JMR2017
"Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never forgive them nor will He guide them to the way." (4.138)

This verse would not make sense if the punishment for apostasy was death.
you are conflating public apostasy and "private" apostasy

of course that private apostasy can be conducted as many times as you wish (only Allah can read your heart) and no earthly punishment will reach the apostate

but this does not apply to the public apostate who, historically, was executed in Muslim States

best
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by IMissMyDad
Hello, I used to be a Christian however I have since converted to Islam and I don't know if I should be open about it due to the hate around Muslims.

Could someone help?

No, you should do what makes you happy. People will judge you, but just remember that it's not their life, but yours. So, you should be free to make such decisions.
Original post by scienceq
when a religion is so powerful and strong what do u expect
dw tho it'll keep growing inshaAllah and wont stop for no one

It isn’t though. Christianity is a bigger religion and non-Muslims far outnumber Muslims. Your own religion prophesises that Islam will eventually be forgotten and that knowledge of the Quran will be lost :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending