The Student Room Group

Anyone had the contraceptive implant before? Need advice!!!

I have the implant for over a year, I do believe I've put on weight but because of all these myths, idk if I can lose weight. I've started going to the gym 5 days a week because I'm very unhappy with my body but I have this fear in the back of my mind I won't be able to lose weight because of the implant. I saw some chat rooms about this on the web. I'm not the best with food, I've just started to change my eating habits but is this a myth of not ?
Yeah.

I've lost count on the number of times I've implanted the contraceptive. :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by uberteknik
Yeah.

I've lost count on the number of times I've implanted the contraceptive. :colone:

Spoiler

Er you're comment doesn't make sense, did you even read??! Or are you a boy 🙄
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I have the implant for over a year, I do believe I've put on weight but because of all these myths, idk if I can lose weight. I've started going to the gym 5 days a week because I'm very unhappy with my body but I have this fear in the back of my mind I won't be able to lose weight because of the implant. I saw some chat rooms about this on the web. I'm not the best with food, I've just started to change my eating habits but is this a myth of not ?

The implant other hormonal contraception might cause you to put on a bit of weight but you definitely can still lose it if you work out and manage your diet. Just keep in mind to not judge it by your weight but take measurements because muscle weighs more than fat. So if you work out, you may go up in weight but down in size. And don't be discouraged if you don't notice a change quickly
Reply 4
Original post by Devify
The implant other hormonal contraception might cause you to put on a bit of weight but you definitely can still lose it if you work out and manage your diet. Just keep in mind to not judge it by your weight but take measurements because muscle weighs more than fat. So if you work out, you may go up in weight but down in size. And don't be discouraged if you don't notice a change quickly

Thanks your answer very helpful!
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! I've had it for almost two years now, and I have put on some weight with it. It can be lost though! Just try and calm your mind and focus on developing healthier dietary and exercise habits. If you panic about it and stress yourself out, which I know is so easy to do, it might make it a bit harder to lose the weight anyway. If it's something you're worried about, you can definitely talk to a doctor about it as well. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Hi! I've had it for almost two years now, and I have put on some weight with it. It can be lost though! Just try and calm your mind and focus on developing healthier dietary and exercise habits. If you panic about it and stress yourself out, which I know is so easy to do, it might make it a bit harder to lose the weight anyway. If it's something you're worried about, you can definitely talk to a doctor about it as well. Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks okay I will try to stress less and just carry on at the gym and eat healthy meals

Quick Reply

Latest