The Student Room Group

Why do some girls get jealous of pretty looking boys?

Let me just say that I am very skinny and young looking for my age and also that I am not claiming the title "pretty boy", pretty is just a name that women/females chose to call me.

So I have a female friend who is stand offish and mean/harsh to me. I am nothing but nice and kind to her and at the time I was confused as to why she treated my so poorly. I always have to ask her to hang out with me never the reverse. She would say things to suggest that I was a weak and effeminate guy like how "I should be careful at night because I might get raped" or how "I should learn self defense to protect myself" stuff that you should never say to a boy, stuff that really messed with my head and made me feel bad about myself. But one time she told me over the phone that she was jealous of how pretty I was (really uncomfortable because I am a guy and I want to be handsome not pretty) but then the way she treats me is all due to jealousy? Why is she jealous of a boy? Can a girl or someone with a similar experience please explain this to me.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

OP is a *******
Maybe it's just banter? Just ask her if jokingly "you jelly of my bootyfull face gyal?" and if she sounds harsh then there you have it. Never seen a pretty boy (except those SK bands) so didn't know this was actually a problem for some men.....
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
OP is a *******

I do not get what you are trying to imply, but I just want my friend back you think I want my friend to be jealous of me?
Reply 4
Original post by JDieMstr
Maybe it's just banter? Just ask her if jokingly "you jelly of my bootyfull face gyal?" and if she sounds harsh then there you have it. Never seen a pretty boy (except those SK bands) so didn't know this was actually a problem for some men.....

If she brings it up again I will joke with her and yeah I may be 18 but everyone I mean family, friends, strangers 100% think I look/am 14. My mom sometimes forgets that I graduated high school already. My point is I do not look like a man I look very much like a boy not intentionally though.
I literally don't understand but here's a heart I guess 💖
Original post by nate1234
If she brings it up again I will joke with her and yeah I may be 18 but everyone I mean family, friends, strangers 100% think I look/am 14. My mom sometimes forgets that I graduated high school already. My point is I do not look like a man I look very much like a boy not intentionally though.

Yeh, being young looking can be tough now but when you're like 30+ then you can reap the rewards of it. Just hope you don't age rapid af later on and lose this "advantage" of yours. I looked 13-14 when I was 16 but now I look 18 and am 18.
Because average/ugly girls know that guys are superficial (cmon lads its a fact) and she'll never get a good looking person
Reply 8
Original post by JDieMstr
Yeh, being young looking can be tough now but when you're like 30+ then you can reap the rewards of it. Just hope you don't age rapid af later on and lose this "advantage" of yours. I looked 13-14 when I was 16 but now I look 18 and am 18.

Yeah most of my family looks pretty young in their old age my mom is like 40 but is mistaken for 25 all the time even I forget she is like 48 all the time.
Reply 9
She's a lesbian. Or she likes you.
Reply 10
Erm no idea, be happy you look young.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by usualsuspects
She's a lesbian. Or she likes you.

She told me she is straight so that is not it. "Or she likes you" it is funny that you say that because she had told me in the past that she did not want to hang out too much with me in fear that it would look like we are dating. Honestly though why can't a girl and boy just be friends.

It always seems like the girls that appear friendly/give me looks want something more than friendship which I really am not ready for/way too busy for. And guys that I do not even know well seem intimidated, uncomfortable, ignore/dislike me for just being around. So I only have one friend (he is male) that does not mind being around me. Honestly I want more guy friends but other guys do not even want to get to know me.
Reply 12
Original post by itsfantanoooo
Because average/ugly girls know that guys are superficial (cmon lads its a fact) and she'll never get a good looking person

You are right I am sure many guys want a hot girl (sign me up) and to be very honest my friend is average looking, but being mean to me and having a bad personality/attitude is what will never get her anyone.
You are right I am sure many guys want a hot girl (sign me up) and to be very honest my friend is average looking, but being mean to me and having a bad personality/attitude is what will never get her anyone.

Well, you can either just cut her off or hit back by saying it like it is. Next time she has a go, say "you're just salty you'll never get a good looking guy like me" and see her face melt.
She's prolly jel you look or better :dontknow:
Reply 15
Well, you can either just cut her off or hit back by saying it like it is. Next time she has a go, say "you're just salty you'll never get a good looking guy like me" and see her face melt.

If she says anything to imply that I am weak or effeminate again I may have to cut her off because I am tired of her emasculating me.
If she says anything to imply that I am weak or effeminate again I may have to cut her off because I am tired of her emasculating me.

Lool how about you fire back next time.

The most savage would be "at least im attractive for a rapist to want me" but maybe that's overkill
Reply 17
The thing is how does a girl think a boy looks better than herself?
The thing is how does a girl think a boy looks better than herself?

Don't ask me. People are complicated AF
Reply 19
Lool how about you fire back next time.

The most savage would be "at least im attractive for a rapist to want me" but maybe that's overkill

Actually that could be interesting I will keep it in mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending