The Student Room Group

What age did you stop caring for your birthday?

It is approaching my 16th birthday in a few weeks, and if I am being frank, I couldn't really care less about it.

Anyone else feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

On my 0th birthday.
This year I literally forgot it was even coming up until a few days before
Reply 3
It's just another day tbh, maybe I'll treat myself to a cup of hot chocolate aha
12th birthday
(edited 6 years ago)
The last time my family celebrated my birthday was in year 5. I celebrated my birthday in year 6 with my mates with a bit of Donner at takeaway. I haven't celebrated my birthday ever since.

I see some girls still throw party's, one girl got a 24" inch Asus monitor for her 16th, my mate geting £200 from his rich auntie Its crazy O_o Do I get lonely? No, I have lots of friends who care for me, but do I get some sort of jealousy. Yeah, I want free **** for ageing closer to my death. Ah well, till next year I suppose C:
Reply 6
After I turned 20, I started to not bother paying attention to my age on the birthday card.
Reply 7
Probs 15/16
Reply 8
Probably about the same time I learned about the truth behind the Easter Bunny
Original post by MarcusEmery
It is approaching my 16th birthday in a few weeks, and if I am being frank, I couldn't really care less about it.

hate it when ppl try and find out my birthday and try and plan something for me, really just makes me feel wanted when i know
i'm really not

Spoiler

Reply 10
I stopped caring since beginning of high school.
Around 15, when I basically stopped needing everything and just asked for the essential 3-4 items.
My parents are trying to hype it up as it my 16th but I couldn't give two donkeys haha
My birthday has always been during an exam day so I never really get to celebrate it :frown:
yeh i hated my 16th aswell
17th
Before I even had a birthday
The day I was brought into this God-forsaken hell hole known as Earth.
Original post by MarcusEmery

I was so exciting for birthdays in childish ages, but the more I am approaching the adult ages, the more I don't care about my special day in the year.
19 , I didn't even bother throwing a 20th birthday party, my 19th felt so forced like 'LOOK AT ME I AGED AGAIN, GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY AND PRESENTS.

nah, not for me.

Quick Reply

Latest