The Student Room Group

Can you still love someone?

My boyfriend cheated on me and I ended things. I still love him is this normal, I'm scared I'll never stop loving him.
Happens. You will get over it but it takes time. Nothing you can do really except try not think about him and focus on the future. Also, out of curiosity, how old are you?
Yes, just try not to think about him a lot.
Reply 3
Original post by GreenBell
Yes, just try not to think about him a lot.

I think about him literally everyday and most of the time everyday it is still raw. Will This prevent me from moving on?
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Happens. You will get over it but it takes time. Nothing you can do really except try not think about him and focus on the future. Also, out of curiosity, how old are you?

22 was with him for a year and a half. Never loved and cared about someone as much as him I feel as though my whole trust is gone and broken
You are older than me but I was in a same position to you about 8 months ago. Can safely say it took me around 5 months to get over that person and those were the hardest days especially cause I saw that person everyday and sat next to her in all my lessons (**** seating plans, school life sucks :c). But I eventually started to move on. The best thing you can do is remove all memories of that person from your life. It helps massively. Other than that, try engage with other people and you will find someone better who will like you for who you are :wink:
Reply 5
Love doesn't go away overnight, it will take time for it to dwindle away.
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
Love doesn't go away overnight, it will take time for it to dwindle away.

Yes. One thing that bugs me and makes me break down is that I trusted them so much and I gave the a part of me that no one ever got which was my virginity it meant a lot to me and I gave that away I feel like I let myself down and this is something I know I will think about forever if anyone asks me about my first time.
Reply 7
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You are older than me but I was in a same position to you about 8 months ago. Can safely say it took me around 5 months to get over that person and those were the hardest days especially cause I saw that person everyday and sat next to her in all my lessons (**** seating plans, school life sucks :c). But I eventually started to move on. The best thing you can do is remove all memories of that person from your life. It helps massively. Other than that, try engage with other people and you will find someone better who will like you for who you are :wink:

Ive removed pictures chats and ect... I do look at their social media I'm changing my number so I'm not tempted if they call me it's been almost 3 weeks and they haven't called we never went more than a week without speaking. I doubt they will but I still want to change my number in case! It's still raw I guess I just feel like I let myself down
no tou didnt let yourself down. you would if you had forgiven him but you didnt and that was a wise choice to make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending