The Student Room Group

Quitting an Apprenticeship

Hi,I started an apprenticeship at the beginning of September and have not been enjoying it one bit. I’m trying to stick it out to see if it gets any better but it’s a 5 year programme and i really don’t think I can stick it out for that long.If I decided to leave the apprenticeship early would I have to pay the costs of the course back to the company? Thanks
Original post by katymaguire
Hi,I started an apprenticeship at the beginning of September and have not been enjoying it one bit. I’m trying to stick it out to see if it gets any better but it’s a 5 year programme and i really don’t think I can stick it out for that long.If I decided to leave the apprenticeship early would I have to pay the costs of the course back to the company? Thanks

does your contact say anything about paying them back?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
does your contact say anything about paying them back?

Thanks for replying.

It says something about paying them back for internal and external courses but I'm not sure whether this is referencing the uni course you are supposed to start in the second year of the programme or the level 3 I'm supposed to do this year.

An independent provider is doing the qualification and I've met with someone twice to discuss the qualification etc. but I haven't actually done any work which counts towards it.

Katy
Reply 3
What is the apprenticeship. Wow, 5 years seems quite a bit of investment on their side being put into you. And likewise of course.
Original post by katymaguire
Thanks for replying.

It says something about paying them back for internal and external courses but I'm not sure whether this is referencing the uni course you are supposed to start in the second year of the programme or the level 3 I'm supposed to do this year.

An independent provider is doing the qualification and I've met with someone twice to discuss the qualification etc. but I haven't actually done any work which counts towards it.

Katy

It could actually mean the course you ve started you wouldn't know unless you asked
Reply 5
Original post by Aplens
What is the apprenticeship. Wow, 5 years seems quite a bit of investment on their side being put into you. And likewise of course.

Sorry for the late reply - It's with McDonald's alongside a degree in Business Managment. ( no jokes please haha!!):redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending