The Student Room Group

How can I get over a girl I was too emotionally invested in?

Hey, there was this girl who I have had a crush on for years, I am very shy so I have hardly ever spoken to her except online. She had told me that if I asked her out then she wouldn't say no, the next day she had said to a group of people that she had said yes because she couldn't say no and that she just wouldn't turn up to the date. This happened nearly 4 weeks ago and the pain is still there. I honestly thought that she was the one and that there is no one else like her and now she has said what she has said I feel pretty low about myself. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks, Tom.
occupy yourself and don’t think about it, it will go away
Original post by oksafebye
occupy yourself and don’t think about it, it will go away

Thanks. Yeah I have tried to remove her from my life basically.
Original post by Tom-K
I have hardly ever spoken to her except online.

I honestly thought that she was the one and that there is no one else like her.

I mean... this doesn't look like a healthy mindset my dude.
Reply 4
Original post by Tom-K
honestly thought that she was the one and that there is no one else like her.

That's a good thing, you don't want someone like her.
Original post by UWS
That's a good thing, you don't want someone like her.

Is it? How come??
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I mean... this doesn't look like a healthy mindset my dude.

I guess it wasn't.
*bump*
Reply 8
It'll pass, trust me!
Stay focused on you, getting your work done etc and the thought of her will gradually cease to exist.
Original post by georgem93
It'll pass, trust me!
Stay focused on you, getting your work done etc and the thought of her will gradually cease to exist.

Thanks. I hope so...
I still feel some affection for her even though she broke my heart 😢
5 years.
I have spoken to her in person but since I'm shy our conversations happened mostly online.
Hey, there was this girl who I have had a crush on for years, I am very shy so I have hardly ever spoken to her except online. She had told me that if I asked her out then she wouldn't say no, the next day she had said to a group of people that she had said yes because she couldn't say no and that she just wouldn't turn up to the date. This happened nearly 4 weeks ago and the pain is still there. I honestly thought that she was the one and that there is no one else like her and now she has said what she has said I feel pretty low about myself. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks, Tom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending