The Student Room Group

My GCSE life :)

Hi guys! I've started this blog for GYG and I'll be posting my school life :smile:

I'm in year 11 and I'm taking: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, French and History and I did my citizenship GCSE in year 9 and got a B.

I have my mocks in December. When are yours?

I'm doing higher for everything and am predicted at least a 7 in all subjects.

Reply back with what you're taking and your predicted grades :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aleenaxoxo
Hi guys! I've started this blog for GYG and I'll be posting my school life :smile:

I'm taking: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, French and History.

Hey! Im in y10 and my mocks are in march. im taking everything you are except computing and french. im also doing higher for everything and i dont know my predicted grades yet, but im aiming for all 9s!

I'm taking: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, French and History.

That's cool! I'm taking: English literature, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, Religious Studies, Physical Education, Art and design and History! I took my English Lang GCSE last year in yr 10 and got an 8! :wink::biggrin:

I'm predicted a 9 in Art, an 8 in History RE and English literature and a 7 in everything else but in maths I'm predicted a 6 but hopefully I can get at least a 7 in it! :smile:
What exam boards are you taking? I'm taking AQA for everything apart from Science and PE- In thos subjects I'm taking OCR! :h:
Also just curious, what books are you studying for English literature? Literally everyone I ask aren't doing the same books as me!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mez_merising
Hey! Im in y10 and my mocks are in march. im taking everything you are except computing and french. im also doing higher for everything and i dont know my predicted grades yet, but im aiming for all 9s!

Wow! It's best to aim high because even if you get an 8 you can still be happy with it!
Reply 5
Original post by Faeeza.Ifti
That's cool! I'm taking: English literature, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, Religious Studies, Physical Education, Art and design and History! I took my English Lang GCSE last year in yr 10 and got an 8! :wink::biggrin:

I'm predicted a 9 in Art, an 8 in History RE and English literature and a 7 in everything else but in maths I'm predicted a 6 but hopefully I can get at least a 7 in it! :smile:
What exam boards are you taking? I'm taking AQA for everything apart from Science and PE- In thos subjects I'm taking OCR! :h:

I'm taking AQA for everything apart from computer science which is OCR. You did amazing in your English language exam! You must be amazing at art, I can't even draw a stick man 😂
Reply 6
Also just curious, what books are you studying for English literature? Literally everyone I ask aren't doing the same books as me!

I'm studying An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, what about you?

I'm doing Macbeth, a Christmas Carol and An inspector calls :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Ellasimpson_
I'm doing Macbeth, a Christmas Carol and An inspector calls :smile:

We're doing the same books!

I'm in year 11 and I'm taking: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, French and History and I did my citizenship GCSE in year 9 and got a B.

Im in year 11 too :-)

English Language and Literature
Double Science (not triple science)
Maths <3
Photography
Geography
Spanish
Religious Studies - Flopped that
Business & Economics

I do the core subject mocks next week but they are not for predicted grade, however in December they are proper mocks which determine my grades YIKES

I'm taking maths, additional maths fsmq, English lit and Lang(it's pretty lit...), separate sciences, music, Chinese, French and history. My mocks officially begin in two weeks but ive already taken some maths and English! How are you finding year 11? I'm finding it busy- there's so much work! But I'm trying not to stress myself out. Oh and im predicted 8s/9s (9s in maths and sciences but they'll be changing v.soon haha)
Reply 11

hey xx mocks in december too, not looking forward omg

i'm taking eng lit and lang, maths, bio, chem, physics, geography, statistics, re, spanish, and ECDL :") all 7s, except for spanish and geog which are 8s, and a measly 6 in physics :frown:

sat japanese in yr 10 and got an a :^) good luck in your gcses xx
Reply 12
I'm studying An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, what about you?

doing those tooooo
Reply 13
Original post by Shabby33
Im in year 11 too :-)

English Language and Literature
Double Science (not triple science)
Maths <3
Photography
Geography
Spanish
Religious Studies - Flopped that
Business & Economics

I do the core subject mocks next week but they are not for predicted grade, however in December they are proper mocks which determine my grades YIKES

I have all my mocks in December but had some for science the week before half term for my reports. I did quite well in them but they used the grade boundaries for the gcse maths paper last year which was really low
Reply 14
Original post by Toastiekid
I'm taking maths, additional maths fsmq, English lit and Lang(it's pretty lit...), separate sciences, music, Chinese, French and history. My mocks officially begin in two weeks but ive already taken some maths and English! How are you finding year 11? I'm finding it busy- there's so much work! But I'm trying not to stress myself out. Oh and im predicted 8s/9s (9s in maths and sciences but they'll be changing v.soon haha)

I'm finding year 11 so hard right now but luckily my school offers a lot of support as well so its been quite helpful. Also, what's FSMQ?😂
Reply 15
Original post by mikela
hey xx mocks in december too, not looking forward omg

i'm taking eng lit and lang, maths, bio, chem, physics, geography, statistics, re, spanish, and ECDL :") all 7s, except for spanish and geog which are 8s, and a measly 6 in physics :frown:

sat japanese in yr 10 and got an a :^) good luck in your gcses xx

Ah I remember doing the ECDL in year 9! I got an A* in that😊 Not too excited for the mocks but have been trying to revise as much as I can for them😭 Thank youu, good luck to you too x
I'm finding year 11 so hard right now but luckily my school offers a lot of support as well so its been quite helpful. Also, what's FSMQ?😂

Free standing maths qualification- it's in between a gcse and an AS level.
Reply 17
Ah I remember doing the ECDL in year 9! I got an A* in that😊 Not too excited for the mocks but have been trying to revise as much as I can for them😭 Thank youu, good luck to you too x

omg well done!! also let's hope that these mocks would be better than yr 10s, AQA really wanted to kill the students taking the exam :"(
Reply 18
Original post by Toastiekid
Free standing maths qualification- it's in between a gcse and an AS level.

Ohh okay
Reply 19
Original post by mikela
omg well done!! also let's hope that these mocks would be better than yr 10s, AQA really wanted to kill the students taking the exam :"(

Thank you! Yes I really hope these mocks are better, I'm going to revise a lot harder for these as well as I didn't really bother with the year 10 ones and ended up doing really bad ☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending