The Student Room Group

My ex is a psycho? what should i do? (pretty long story)

So i broke up with my ex because it just didn't work out and i didn't like her in that way after 2 weeks. I break up with her proper nice, like i say we can still be friends and say it really nice. I then leave because me being there isn't really going to help. I go with my friend and 5 mins later, my other friend calls me and tells me shes crying (like proper bad). After she calmed down, she literally hunts me for the rest of the school day. Then at like 2 in the morning, she calls me. I pick up and explain it to her why we broke up. Next morning, one of her supposed friends (not actually) calls me and tells me to check my snap chat and Instagram, my ex hacked both by guessing my password. I was locked out of my snap chat and she went through all my Insta chats, took screenshots and sent it to her friends. She also called me 22 times and sent me 43 texts! (Note: some of these chats are about some secret stuff,like my childhood and my dad[dead], im from Palestine and im in the UK as a asylum seeker). In school, her friends and her literally follow me(they think i dont know). she legit follows my every move. Questions are allowed.
Original post by VirgoStrain
Report it to the police, and fast. This has gone too far out of hand for you or your school to sort out. Don’t worry about your ex’s criminal record, they may well resolve it without leaving a stain on it. But whatever happens report it ASAP. If some of your personal stuff ends up in the wrong circles you’re in for a rough ride in school.

I made her delete everything though?
Original post by Westham315
I made her delete everything though?

You need to report it to the police. They won't do anything because they typically don't, but if you report it it'll be on the record so if anything more does happen, they know when it started and stuff like that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by VirgoStrain
So did she return your account details and has deleted the screenshots / promised not to spread them? In that case it’s either resolved and your ex is no longer acting like a psycho, or somethings still going on (like she still may spread the screenshots). Not sure why you’d seek advice if it appears it’s already resolved. I’m my view go to the police anyway to ensure they get the screenshots off her and stop her from further harassing you.

Original post by DrawTheLine

You need to report it to the police. They won't do anything because they typically don't, but if you report it it'll be on the record so if anything more does happen, they know when it started and stuff like that.

Original post by Anonymous
She (and / or other people she sent to) may have kept copies - sound advice from VirgoStrain.

Isnt there a less drastic take than actually going to the cops? the screenshots are gone but theres still the problem of her following me around in school and keeping tabs on my insta and snapchat.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lisa.watts
get rid x

what?
Best thing you can do is go speak to your form turor/head of year to explain what is happening as it's definatly an issue that needs addressing. The police could be an option but they are highly likely to just talk to her and take no further action unless anything more serious has or does happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending