The Student Room Group

how to tell your parents you have a boyfriend?

I’m 17 in 2 months and I’ve never had a boyfriend. I’ve been talking to a boy for a few weeks now and I’m thinking if we make it something how am I going to tell my parents? I don’t think they would mind but I don’t really like talking to them about things like this. I don’t really go out so if I start going’s to see him they will know something is going on. Any advice anyone?

Scroll to see replies

To answer the title:

Just have sex with him in the house when she's home :smile:

I mean...I don't recommend it. But it's a sure fire way to let her know.
Reply 2
"I have a boyfriend".
Reply 3
Original post by Salt Queen
To answer the title:

Just have sex with him in the house when she's home :smile:

I mean...I don't recommend it. But it's a sure fire way to let her know.

Somehow i think they would care about that 😂
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
"I have a boyfriend".

I really wish it was that simple😂
Original post by Anonymous
Somehow i think they would care about that 😂

Oh definitely 😄
tell them the worst fear and then say just kidding i have boyfriend and we are having triplets. once they recover they will be happy for you. unless its some odd chappy. in which case listen to your elders they are clever.
Reply 7
it doesn't matter because it's not going to last anyway, you're both 16/17
ngl with me, i havent told mine :rofl:

just be like, i have a bf and his name is (insert) and hes a nice boy?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I’ll Be honest right it was easier to say the first one lol. Basically this boy I knew all though primary school but havent spoken to for 5 years wants to talk to me. I want to talk back to him but we live near each other and he often sees my parents so I don’t know if I should let the conversation progress
Tell them while you're talking that you like a boy and something might happen. Thats what i did then it was easier to tell them when we finally got together
Bring him around your house as a friend and watch tv in the living room and show him your room but don't hang out in your room or else your parents will think 'something' is going on. Then when's he's gone your parents will ask about him and you can either say he's your bf or tell them a later date. Good luck and I hope he asks you out :smile:
**** I don’t know what the **** I’m up to I just sent a ‘x’ on the end of the text to him
Original post by btsseokjin
Bring him around your house as a friend and watch tv in the living room and show him your room but don't hang out in your room or else your parents will think 'something' is going on. Then when's he's gone your parents will ask about him and you can either say he's your bf or tell them a later date. Good luck and I hope he asks you out :smile:

I sort of hope so too but I don’t know what I would do
oh the pain of being young. got some news your parents did what your worried about. talk to your mum. she can probably give you some tips.
I have anxiety/social anxiety aswell so that really doesn’t help the situation
Reply 16
Be confident, your parents will understand that theirs girl become a young lady and from now she wants to start feeling what other people feels when they are in love!
Thanks for the advice so far. Just it’s really hard because as I said I don’t feel comfortable telling them things like this. Tbh I don’t like telling them anything
THANKs for the advice so far. It’s just hard because I don’t really feel comfortable talk to them about stuff like this.
Original post by Anonymous
THANKs for the advice so far. It’s just hard because I don’t really feel comfortable talk to them about stuff like this.

I thought the first one didn’t post 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending