The Student Room Group

Is being shy a turn off to girls?

Scroll to see replies

Yh. I think u seen really nice. good luck
Original post by Natalie_01
Yh. I think u seen really nice. good luck

Thanks!
Being shy isn't a problem but sometimes girls can't tell if you are shy or straight up not interested. If you don't talk to a girl trying to talk to you because you're shy she might think that you don't like her.
Original post by Neesaaaa
Being shy isn't a problem but sometimes girls can't tell if you are shy or straight up not interested. If you don't talk to a girl trying to talk to you because you're shy she might think that you don't like her.

OK thanks!
A lot better to be shy than overly confident in my opinion :smile:
I'm a shy girl and less intimidated by shy guys as there is common understanding.But as a shy girl I don't know how to approach shy guys.... lol.
Original post by Robin Tripp
Thanks that's good advice. I'm going to print this off.

Actually Analyst89 posted some generic copypasta advice... they posted the same thing in one of my threads but it's cool if you get something from it. :smile:
As long as he's not awkward like knocking things over cos of nerves. One time I kissed a guy I was 14 and while he was getting up to leave the bus he literally rammed his head and face so hard into the pole thing you hold onto. 🙈 I can't.
I actually am a shy gal myself and have trouble talking to guys. Hence, I myself have a problem I posted on this website. However, when I'm with a shy person, it helps me relax a little, because I can relate. Like, I guess you can say I can open myself up more. Everyone has different tastes obviously and in my case I think you'd unconsciously help me open up to you :smile:)
Original post by Robin Tripp
There the kinda girls I'm looking for!

Good luck - you're probably both staring at your shoes accidentally wishing the cashier merry christmas in the middle of summer and accidentally throwing your change at a pensioner trying to get out of the way. I'm joking (mostly), you'll find her but you might have to try a bit harder which ironically means you won't be shy any more.

It also depends on 'shy' in what context. You can't talk to people or you don't like to? They're different - you can be quiet but confident, so if being really social isn't your thing work on that.

But to answer the original question in most cases the girl will have to be more shy than you are, which means the shier you are the less girls you get to pick from.
Thank You to everyone who has left a reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending