The Student Room Group

Mentioning grades in UCAS personal statement?

I am currently studying a HNC at college, at the moment we have continual assessments and reports which are simply pass or fail. I was wondering if I can include in my uni personal statement a statement such as ''having so far successfully completed all assessments and reports with positive feedback from my lecturers.'' Now obviously that is open to interpretation (potential issue?) but I have had good comments about 80-90% of the work I have handed in. I don't want to include this if its a big no no or something. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by annafx
I am currently studying a HNC at college, at the moment we have continual assessments and reports which are simply pass or fail. I was wondering if I can include in my uni personal statement a statement such as ''having so far successfully completed all assessments and reports with positive feedback from my lecturers.'' Now obviously that is open to interpretation (potential issue?) but I have had good comments about 80-90% of the work I have handed in. I don't want to include this if its a big no no or something. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated :smile:

I think it doesnt really add anything as you could include your module percentages in our education section anyway
Reply 2
Original post by annafx

This sentence sounds really, really vague and as though you're trying to fudge it. Most lecturers will give positive feedback of some sort, even if it's only "well, you tried really hard".
Reply 3
Thanks I am leaving it out, our college haven't given us much guidance on UCAS at all so I'm trying not to include/ exclude what should or shouldn't be mentioned because the course is hard to get into. It's difficult trying to impress but not look like you are trying to over-impress lol
Original post by Juno
This sentence sounds really, really vague and as though you're trying to fudge it. Most lecturers will give positive feedback of some sort, even if it's only "well, you tried really hard".
Reply 4
Original post by annafx
Thanks I am leaving it out, our college haven't given us much guidance on UCAS at all so I'm trying not to include/ exclude what should or shouldn't be mentioned because the course is hard to get into. It's difficult trying to impress but not look like you are trying to over-impress lol

Your main focus should be why you want to study the course. It's called a personal statement because it needs to be personal - this is your one chance to explain your thoughts. You've got the education section to show what the exam boards think of you, and your reference to show what your teachers think. So you don't need to replicate that in the personal statement, because that's covered elsewhere.

Hopefully, you've found all the help TSR has on personal statements, like this page. There's also the PS Review service, where you can have your draft reviewed for free. You can read about it here and submit your draft here. The service is a member benefit, so members with over 100 posts are prioritised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending