The Student Room Group

my mum puts so much pressure on me

My mum always puts so much pressure on me always telling me to revise or do homework and when I am revising my mum thinks I'm not and starts giving me a half-an-hour lecture despite the fact I'm writing this while my mums out.Anyways, I'm in year 11 now and I just got my mock results and they are not good and if I show my mum I know she will take the phone away from me(which I cant live without)and watch me revise or something I know my mum isnt going to like it, Idk if I should tell my mum my mock results now or later because she will eventually find out on parents evening which is next week and plus all my mum friends would ask for what grades I got and my mum is expecting me to get band 9s (im screwed either way).I honestly don't know what to do(help)my mum wants me to revise every single day when in reality I don't want to(mainly because I'm so tired)and when I don't revise my mum will start giving me a lecture telling me"I'm going to get no job" and starts comparing me to my brother.Also, this is affecting my social life, growing up with only one brother my mum is so overprotective every time I go out with my friends my mum would always ask me "where am I" or "come back home it's late" when actually it's 6:30 pm even my friends think my mum is so overprotective because my mum keeps calling every 5 minutes.I honestly don't even know how to handle this and every time I get older this gets worse.

Please share some advice down below
(edited 6 years ago)
Are you Asian?
Reply 2
Original post by ILuvFood1234
Are you Asian?

no
Original post by ItsJemimah
no

What ethnicity are you?
Reply 4
Original post by ILuvFood1234