The Student Room Group

Question for Christians (and other religion if you want)

I already asked this question on the relationship forum and though asking here would result in more answers.

Would you marry a person that had sex with multiple individuals before meeting you? This was during his teenage years and now he is adequate Christian.

Can state your religion when you answer pls
Yes because when you become a Christian you are born again, starting a new life! Hope this helps :smile:

Laura (Christian)
I might have some qualms about it but generally speaking sure, why not? If it's in the past, then it's in the past :smile:
Original post by scottsmith
I already asked this question on the relationship forum and though asking here would result in more answers.

Would you marry a person that had sex with multiple individuals before meeting you? This was during his teenage years and now he is adequate Christian.

I am a Christian.

I will be honest in my answer. My answer is I DON'T KNOW.

On one hand, we are all sinners made perfect by the grace of God. All of us have sinned before in different ways and each of us has done something that they are not proud of. Because of that, God requires us to extend the same grace we receive from him to other people around us. The Bible expects us to forgive past transgressions and to recognise that when we become born again, we become new creatures; the old has gone and the new has come.

On the other hand, my selfish human nature has a lot of questions for that prospective partner? Will they always compare me to their sexual partners? Have all ties been broken? What about sexually transmitted demons? What is their reputation in society? Will it be awkward etc?

So to answer you, I dont know. It is something I would take to the Lord in prayer for his guidance.
Reply 4
Original post by scottsmith

We can come into relationships with all forms of baggage from past relationships and this can effect our new relationships moving forwards. One of the problems is soul ties which can happen when teenagers have crossed the line with various partners and don’t know how to make things right.

http://www.terri.com/4-indicators-of-wrong-soul-ties/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9DC06B38B9BC83A

As it says, soul ties are formed through sex before marriage, physical intimacy.

I think the thing to do is chat with someone at your church, perhaps the pastor/victor who works with the Students.

I'm a Christian.
Depends. If he did it before converting, yes, because now he is forgiven and doesn't do it any more.
If he did it while already a Christian, no, since it would make it very debatable whether he is actually a real Christian. And I, as a Christian, will not marry a non-Christian. It would be a source of way too much disagreement.:redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Vanniehof
Depends. If he did it before converting, yes, because now he is forgiven and doesn't do it any more.
If he did it while already a Christian, no, since it would make it very debatable whether he is actually a real Christian. And I, as a Christian, will not marry a non-Christian. It would be a source of way too much disagreement.:redface:

What is he was a christian and sinned, left the religion and then converted back?
For me i wouldn't mind but I would prefer someone who hasn't had sex but that's just me
Original post by S-man10
What is he was a christian and sinned, left the religion and then converted back?

That's hard. I think so, but it would make the possibility that he leaves again even greater. So actually I don't really know ... let's hope I never have to choose... :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Vanniehof
That's hard. I think so, but it would make the possibility that he leaves again even greater. So actually I don't really know ... let's hope I never have to choose... :biggrin:

So its kind of a hack, no? Lets say you were raised as a christian but after a while felt disillusioned and unsatisfied and therefore ended up leaving the faith.

whilst out of it you sinned a lot. Maybe his intention was to leave so he could sin since you could also be come back and forgiven.

But then he realised he was wrong and returned.

Also why is it likely they would leave again be greater? Why join in the first place if you think you'll leave? Moreover, marrying a christian like you, wouldn't it make more sense that he actually ends up staying this time because his environment has changed?
We are made righteous and blameless through the grace of Jesus whether we sin before we were born again or after. So in the eyes of God, if he accepts Jesus, this is not an issue. I am a Christian btw. Ultimately it is up to your preference and what can live with, but I would say having someone who has a strong faith is more important than what they did in their past.
I'd marry any female tbh
Original post by S-man10
So its kind of a hack, no? Lets say you were raised as a christian but after a while felt disillusioned and unsatisfied and therefore ended up leaving the faith.

whilst out of it you sinned a lot. Maybe his intention was to leave so he could sin since you could also be come back and forgiven.

But then he realised he was wrong and returned.

Also why is it likely they would leave again be greater? Why join in the first place if you think you'll leave? Moreover, marrying a christian like you, wouldn't it make more sense that he actually ends up staying this time because his environment has changed?

I'm just saying, I'm not sure.
Well, if you leave once, who says you won't leave twice?
Yes, it's true his environment would change so maybe he'd stay.
I just honestly don't know.
I (as a christian) wouldn't, simply because I personally want to marry a virgin.
Yes, so long as his past didn't include threesomes or anything violent.
I'm lazy catholic.
No. I don't marry thots x

But on a serious note, I was raised with Orthodox Christanity (Syriac) and Sunni Islam, so premarital sex is still a huge taboo to me. I have no problem with others engaging with it, but I don't want to marry a guy who's done it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JaydorIV of Nott
I (as a christian) wouldn't, simply because I personally want to marry a virgin.

Would you marry someone just as religious as you who had been married before and their spouse had died?
Original post by londonmyst
Would you marry someone just as religious as you who had been married before and their spouse had died?

probably not, I'd still prefer a virgin.
Original post by JaydorIV of Nott
probably not, I'd still prefer a virgin.

well, i'm a guy (so i'd be a marrying a girl) and I'm Christian. I would marry whoever God gives me (shows me in a dream,vision, prophecy, etc) to be with, virgin or not. I would prefer a virgin but if not, I'd be happy to do God's Will, marrying someone who had lost their virginity.
Reply 19
Original post by londonmyst

if their spouse is died then yes it is allowed it says it in the bible in Romans 7:2-3.
if it is divorced then no. In Luke 16:18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending