The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe1545
As in the title this is the AVERAGE 17 year old, if you've been power lifting for 5 years then you need not reply...

I will be refferring to the bench press and the squat as these are the biggest power moves... Ie someone who can squat heavy is going to be stronger then someone who can bicep curl heavy... correct?!!

So im 17 i currently weigh 81kg Ive only been hitting my new gym (rugby gym that is predominently weights) for about 5 weeks, ive been hitting it regularly. And on a normal day i will only work legs by squatting, calf raises and lunges, and supersetting pecs and back. By Dumbbell bench pressing and lat pull downs. I will then work arms, shoulders etc on other days of the week...

Squat, 2 rep max at 100kg
Dumbbell bench press 5 reps at 30kg each arm (i never have a spot so i dont do barbell)

Im normally the youngest in the gym, so i cant really compare my self with all of these much older heavy lifters, so any advice willl be helpful :smile:

Just take 30g of creatine (natty dbol) per day n you'll be a muscle god in no time
Im 15 years old and weigh 95 kilos. I have been lifting for 3 years now and can only lift 20 kg in squats :frown:
Original post by SerbiaStrong
Just take 30g of creatine (natty dbol) per day n you'll be a muscle god in no time

This thread is 4 years old, I'm sure if OP has been training he's made some great gains by now and doesn't need your terrible advice (30g a day? Have fun with your chronic GI distress lol).
An average 17 year old doesn't even lift.
Reply 24
im 17 5 weeks in to lifting for football im squatting 160kg=350lbs 3*5reps its not that bad
Guess i must have been some freak child as at 17 i was benching 140kg and doing full sets will 100kgI could deadlift and squat 200kg for 3 reps and i was about 11-12 stone i thought i was pretty weak as well
Bench:240Squat:385Deadlift:405
Original post by joe1545
As in the title this is the AVERAGE 17 year old, if you've been power lifting for 5 years then you need not reply...

I will be refferring to the bench press and the squat as these are the biggest power moves... Ie someone who can squat heavy is going to be stronger then someone who can bicep curl heavy... correct?!!

So im 17 i currently weigh 81kg Ive only been hitting my new gym (rugby gym that is predominently weights) for about 5 weeks, ive been hitting it regularly. And on a normal day i will only work legs by squatting, calf raises and lunges, and supersetting pecs and back. By Dumbbell bench pressing and lat pull downs. I will then work arms, shoulders etc on other days of the week...

Squat, 2 rep max at 100kg
Dumbbell bench press 5 reps at 30kg each arm (i never have a spot so i dont do barbell)

Im normally the youngest in the gym, so i cant really compare my self with all of these much older heavy lifters, so any advice willl be helpful :smile:

Im 17 and can squat 120 kg and bench 100kg for 5 reps
Those are some impressive numbers for a beginner. When I was 17 I had been training for about 10 months, had 120kg bench and a 200kg deadlift but i had to work a lot for it
As you are beginner you should avoid heavy weight lifting it will cause your lower back pain.and if you do the heavy bicep curl it will effect on your muscle growth because you are so younger and begginer.you should take lightweight to free your muscle then you can take the havy weight.
Original post by marcofran_1989
As you are beginner you should avoid heavy weight lifting it will cause your lower back pain.and if you do the heavy bicep curl it will effect on your muscle growth because you are so younger and begginer.you should take lightweight to free your muscle then you can take the havy weight.

no
I am 17 years old and 6foot 3inches have been lifting for 2 and a quarter years now and my 1rep max bench press is 100kgs for 13 sets a squat of 100kgs for 5reps 2sets and 110kg squat for 2reps and a 200kg deadlift
I weigh 98kgs
Quite late but if anyone’s reading this then guess it’s ok, my one rep max bench is 87.5kg atm and I bench 36kg dumbbells for 3 sets 10reps.
(edited 5 years ago)
Im 17 180cm and 71kg. My one rep max for bench press is 92 kg. My one rep max for leg press is 240kg. I dont so deadlifts so i cant give you a number. I lift 2-3 per week and play football/soccer 3-4 timen per week
I squat 265 kg, deadlift 310 kg and bench press 25 kg. Is this below normal for a 17 year old?
Original post by Sulfolobus
I squat 265 kg, deadlift 310 kg and bench press 25 kg. Is this below normal for a 17 year old?

Come on we all know this is ********
I am 17 year old and i have been going to gym for 1 month now
These are my 1RM
Benchpress=100kg
Squat=150kg
Deadlift= 145kg
I think for average 17 year old, its at least 60kg on benchpress, 90kg squat and 90kg on deadlift.
I'm 71, 4"5, Hazel eyes and I like the curl bar press for 99reps
When I was 17 I weighed 89kgBench 100kgx 2 Squat 160kg x 1 Deadlift 195kg x 1
I noticed you play rugby, I’m 17 in 5 days, my squat is 130kg, bench is 85kg and deadlift is 180kg, just as a comparison for youI’m a flanker if you were curious

Latest