The Student Room Group

Latex condoms

Bit stupid, about to do it for the first time and bought latex condoms and after reading instructions I am now worried I will be allergic to latex.

I have had contact with ballons and never had anything happend but do condoms have more latex/ risk?

How do i know im not allergic?
If you're not allergic to latex balloons or gloves or anything like that, then latex condoms won't pose a problem. Although if you are, it's usually nothing to really worry about and the reaction is usually mild dermatitis, which can be itching, burning, or general discomfort - but if you've had no problem with balloons, it's very unlikely you'll see any of this. Just keep in mind they have to include those warnings on the box because a small percentage of people can suffer from fatal reactions, but again, if you're fatally allergic to latex, you'll know by now. Don't worry!
Reply 2
Original post by Lozz Higginson
If you're not allergic to latex balloons or gloves or anything like that, then latex condoms won't pose a problem. Although if you are, it's usually nothing to really worry about and the reaction is usually mild dermatitis, which can be itching, burning, or general discomfort - but if you've had no problem with balloons, it's very unlikely you'll see any of this. Just keep in mind they have to include those warnings on the box because a small percentage of people can suffer from fatal reactions, but again, if you're fatally allergic to latex, you'll know by now. Don't worry!

If you were allergic how long after using it could u expect a shock?
Original post by Anonymous
If you were allergic how long after using it could u expect a shock?

Well I did a little bit of research, and according to most sites, the reaction is delayed - anywhere between six hours and two days after exposure, you can experience symptoms of a reaction.
Reply 4
Original post by Lozz Higginson
Well I did a little bit of research, and according to most sites, the reaction is delayed - anywhere between six hours and two days after exposure, you can experience symptoms of a reaction.

Ok well just tested and am ******** myself that in 6 hours-2 days will experience something dangerous
Ok well just tested and am ******** myself that in 6 hours-2 days will experience something dangerous

Seriously, don't panic. Generally if you're severely allergic to latex, you will know by now.
Bit stupid, about to do it for the first time and bought latex condoms and after reading instructions I am now worried I will be allergic to latex.

I have had contact with ballons and never had anything happend but do condoms have more latex/ risk?

How do i know im not allergic?

If you've had contact with latex before and no reaction, chances are you'll be fine. If you're really worried you can get latex free condoms though
If your have been in contact with rubber gloves etc you would know if you are allergic

An alternative is to use non latex condoms yes they're more expensive but overall they feel better to use and more sensitive than latex!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest