The Student Room Group

Clingy Internet Friend

There's a group of people I'll occasionally jump on Overwatch with. They all live in the US, so we definitely aren't close to each other as I'm from the UK. Recently, I've started chatting to them outside of gaming, just little conversations and stuff, nothing serious. But there's this one person who is very clingy.

He's okay, but the thing is, he feels like we need to talk every day. He won't leave me alone at all, and is honestly kinda stalkery. He doesn't get that I don't live on Overwatch, and I actually have a life outside gaming.

I don't know how to tell him to cool it without upsetting him. The other guys are fine. They understand that we are just gaming friends and that's that.

Another thing is, he says that he doesn't have many friends where he lives, so I understand he's probably trying to form some sort of friendship else where. But solely having online friends isn't healthy. It's not real interaction. Of course, a few are fine! But not all of them. People on the internet act differently than they do in real life. It's just... getting creepy now.

But I don't want to hurt his feelings. He obviously thinks that we are very close. And we aren't. I've known him for a month.
Reply 1
just don't reply to him
tell him you are busy and u have exams coming up so u cant talk much
tell him your fat, no one likes fat chicks
Original post by Sayless
just don't reply to him

I know, but the thing is, I do feel sorry for him. He's obviously not got a lot of friends, and he clearly is desperate for some. Dumb excuse, I know. I'd rather give him a second chance after telling him to give all the "constant contact" thing a rest than completely cutting him off.
Original post by obaid786
tell him you are busy and u have exams coming up so u cant talk much

I should give that a go. Kind of ease off the whole constant contact thing. It's not a lie, I do have to study. Or should be doing...
Original post by hannah00

funniest post i have seen all day hands down !
Well I would disagree with you that internet friends are not real friends, like the internet can be really good for making friendships if you are a shy person. But if you feel uncomfortable maybe you should have a frank conversation with him.
Original post by hannah00

Lmao!!! Might give it a go hahahaha
Original post by JMR2018
Well I would disagree with you that internet friends are not real friends, like the internet can be really good for making friendships if you are a shy person. But if you feel uncomfortable maybe you should have a frank conversation with him.

Of course! I understand you there, I've got some good internet friends myself. But I don't feel it should be where all friendships come from. of course, I don't know people's circumstances. I should though. It is making me feel awkward and kind of like I'm being 1984'd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending