The Student Room Group

Penis Frenulum

Hello so I’m thinking of having my frenulum removed as it hurts when I pull my foreskin down and it’s quite short. Also I’m uncut so when erect, foreskin covers my head so I was wondering if I have the frenulum removed, if I pull my foreskin back would it stay behind the head if I let go or will it roll back over the head even after the romoval of frenulum??
Original post by Anonymous
Hello so I’m thinking of having my frenulum removed as it hurts when I pull my foreskin down and it’s quite short. Also I’m uncut so when erect, foreskin covers my head so I was wondering if I have the frenulum removed, if I pull my foreskin back would it stay behind the head if I let go or will it roll back over the head even after the romoval of frenulum??

When you have a short frenulum the options are usually full circumcision including frenulum or frenuloplasty which is to lengthen the frenulum and slightly change where it connects. I do know you can remove the frenulum but it's not so common whilst uncut due to scar tissue.

I had a short frenulum and have had surgery, frenuloplasty, carried out by a private surgeon at a private hospital but paid for by the NHS due to waiting times otherwise. Initially it didn't seem to have helped much but over time it's stretched and probably 85% better than before. I have some scar tissue and slightly altered sensitivity where there incisions and stitches were- You'll most likely have the same. This is why on the NHS they usually just go all the same as it has a greater chance of success. The surgery is really quick and you should be out the same day. It's the recovery that's the hard part :moon:

When you pull back the foreskin it will reveal the head and stay that way as long as you're not moving about.

Feel free to PM me or ask anything you'd like.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TSR George
When you have a short frenulum the options are usually full circumcision including frenulum or frenuloplasty which is to lengthen the frenulum and slightly change where it connects. I do know you can remove the frenulum but it's not so common whilst uncut due to scar tissue.

I had a short frenulum and have had surgery, frenuloplasty, carried out by a private surgeon at a private hospital but paid for by the NHS due to waiting times otherwise. Initially it didn't seem to have helped much but over time it's stretched and probably 85% better than before. I have some scar tissue and slightly altered sensitivity where there incisions and stitches were- You'll most likely have the same. This is why on the NHS they usually just go all the same as it has a greater chance of success. The surgery is really quick and you should be out the same day. It's the recovery that's the hard part :moon:

When you pull back the foreskin it will reveal the head and stay that way as long as you're not moving about.

Feel free to PM me or ask anything you'd like.

I know your post is old.Have you find a solution?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous Vi
I know your post is old.Have you find a solution?

I actually haven’t lol. I just carried on with it but I do think about it a lot lol
Original post by Anonymous
I actually haven’t lol. I just carried on with it but I do think about it a lot lol

Can you have sex?I'm also virgin.I know I have frenulum breve.Can you manage it?

Quick Reply

Latest