The Student Room Group

Teacher decided to be beef me

So before recently, I've noticed that I get treated differently to other students. At first it was okay because it was just banter but there was a situation where I didn't do the homework and my teacher only shouted at me.

I always do the hwk and I always do it well. I answer questioms in class, and see my teachers after lesson if I need help but they still treat me in an odd way.

The homeworks that they set, I personally do not find useful so when my teacher was beefing me in front of the class, I said that "well tbh they don't help me anyway" and instead of actually treating me like an adult and telling me straight up why they are useful. He's just gone and called my mum saying that "I think I know it all and that I won't get an A". I don't understand what he is trying to prove, I still do the homework it was one time but whatever.

Basically my question is: what do you think I should do about maths now, the teachers have really annoyed me to the point where I just wanna learn everything by myself. I feel patronised and feel like instead of them to give constructive criticism of how I can improve, they are simply hating on my character as a person.
Reply 1
It just doesn't make any sense, like my teacher is the Head of the department and leaves for 30 mins each lesson to sort of other children in younger years so I don't understand how he can say that that the reason why I'd fail maths is due to me thinking I know everything, which I certainly don't.... That's why I go to school...?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So before recently, I've noticed that I get treated differently to other students. At first it was okay because it was just banter but there was a situation where I didn't do the homework and my teacher only shouted at me.

I always do the hwk and I always do it well. I answer questioms in class, and see my teachers after lesson if I need help but they still treat me in an odd way.

The homeworks that they set, I personally do not find useful so when my teacher was beefing me in front of the class, I said that "well tbh they don't help me anyway" and instead of actually treating me like an adult and telling me straight up why they are useful. He's just gone and called my mum saying that "I think I know it all and that I won't get an A". I don't understand what he is trying to prove, I still do the homework it was one time but whatever.

Basically my question is: what do you think I should do about maths now, the teachers have really annoyed me to the point where I just wanna learn everything by myself. I feel patronised and feel like instead of them to give constructive criticism of how I can improve, they are simply hating on my character as a person.

It just doesn't make any sense, like my teacher is the Head of the department and leaves for 30 mins each lesson to sort of other children in younger years so I don't understand how he can say that that the reason why I'd fail maths is due to me thinking I know everything, which I certainly don't.... That's why I go to school...?

You could either:
Find a maths tutor for after school, to do extra stuff with you/go over things you are struggling with in lesson.

Or self teach yourself the stuff
Reply 3
Original post by IDOZ
You could either:
Find a maths tutor for after school, to do extra stuff with you/go over things you are struggling with in lesson.

Or self teach yourself the stuff

Hey thanks for the response! Yeah I have a tutor atm so I'm going to explain this situation to her. It's not like I'm doing awfully, I am getting Bs, but I would definetly like an A
Reply 4
Hey thanks for the response! Yeah I have a tutor atm so I'm going to explain this situation to her. It's not like I'm doing awfully, I am getting Bs, but I would definetly like an A

So, is it just you, or is there anyone else this happens to at school?
Backchat and not doing homework. Your teacher is right. Do your homework if you don't want to get shouted at it you want to learn other stuff, there is nothing wrong with self study in your spare time.
Reply 6
Original post by Guru Jason
Backchat and not doing homework. Your teacher is right. Do your homework if you don't want to get shouted at it you want to learn other stuff, there is nothing wrong with self study in your spare time.

Yeah I think getting shouted at for not doing homework is justified if everyone who didn't do it gets shouted at, but literally 5 other people didn't do it and it's only me. If i didn't do it consistently then fair enough but this is the first homework I haven't done because I was revising for mocks at the time.
Reply 7
Original post by IDOZ
So, is it just you, or is there anyone else this happens to at school?

I don't think so. I'd say that I'm more outspoken than most but I think he'd just excessively picking on me. My friend said he did it to her at gcse though.
Yeah I think getting shouted at for not doing homework is justified if everyone who didn't do it gets shouted at, but literally 5 other people didn't do it and it's only me. If i didn't do it consistently then fair enough but this is the first homework I haven't done because I was revising for mocks at the time.

I see what you're saying. You can put in a complaint about them if you wish but I stand by my point in that you gave them an excuse to shout at you by not doing your homework. Do your homework in future. Even if you think your better than that, every little helps.
Reply 9
I don't think so. I'd say that I'm more outspoken than most but I think he'd just excessively picking on me. My friend said he did it to her at gcse though.

Are you doing A-Level?
If so, go and speak to the head of 6th form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending