The Student Room Group

Which uni should I pick?

I have four offers, Loughborough, Lancaster, Glasgow and Leeds and I’m keeping Loughborough as my backup.
Lancaster and Glasgow are both AAB and Leeds is also AAB unless I pass their Leeds Programme thingy in which case it’s ABC (but only if I firm them). Parents don’t like Leeds and I don’t really wanna piss them off since they’re a bit grumpy about me moving outside of London. But I’m quite scared about doing badly in my A levels so Leeds would be a good, safe option for me I think. Visited Lancaster thought it was GREAT loved the campus and the vibe but it’s so isolated that it’s difficult for me to travel back to London or for my MASSIVE FAMILY to visit me. Glasgow seems cool but I heard it’s really dangerous?
I’ve only visited Lancaster and don’t plan on visiting any other unis cause they’re too far to be frank. For reference I like campus unis but I don’t want to in a massive city like London would like something with a bit more of a relaxed feel.
Any advice is appreciated!
I’m currently at Lancaster and live (out of term time) just outside London, compared to Glasgow or even Leeds it’s not that bad to get to, there’s a train from Euston which takes roughly 3.5 hours and you don’t have to change so travelling to London isn’t as bad as you’d think. I personally love Lancaster and the campus and am happy to answer any questions you have :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by IzzyReeves
I’m currently at Lancaster and live (out of term time) just outside London, compared to Glasgow or even Leeds it’s not that bad to get to, there’s a train from Euston which takes roughly 3.5 hours and you don’t have to change so travelling to London isn’t as bad as you’d think. I personally love Lancaster and the campus and am happy to answer any questions you have :smile:

Hey! Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind answering them :smile:
1. What’s the best thing about Lancaster Uni?
2. What’s the worst thing about Lancaster Uni?
3. How’s the accommodation and what accommodation would you recommend?
4. How is it in terms of diversity? Very or not really?
And just out of curiosity why did you pick Lancaster out of all your other unis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending