The Student Room Group

How do I convert out of my forced religion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pigster
And you have to be Muslim to strive to better oneself?

I strive daily and yet I choose a belief system that has no restrictions.

If I want to eat pork, I can etc. etc.. I am not restricted by my religion like I would be if I was Muslim. You cannot say that Islam is not restrictive whilst defending a whole bunch of restrictions; even if you do not see them as particularly restrictive. They are still restrictions.

Of course not but it is religion that plays a role in shaping an individual.

It's free choice yet pre-selection scenario here. You may not believe in a religion therefore you are not restricted because you have not been introduced to not restrict yourself from consuming such (all with good reasoning), yet a Muslim can refrain from such because they have practiced to do so at a young age perhaps by 'indoctrination' or not.

I wouldn't call them restrictions but boundaries.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
So you say Sir, I would have mentioned that if that were the only hinderence of conversion. That can get you directly out of Islam and one of the Major sin a Muslim commit himself to.

Theres a whole chapter of this in Mishkaat-Ul Masaabeeh alone which goes on for a good couple of pages. Consequently what you have mentioned are not the only factor to reverting out of Islam.

What is wrong with you?

Just write what those factors are then?
I wouldn't call them restrictions but boundaries.

Because believe it or not, Islam is not a restrictive religion.

Your word, not mine.

My words: potatoes, potatoes (with an ar sound in the second)

Who the hell says pota(r)toes?
Original post by Monclér
Are you calling me a loser because I hold the door open for women with prams and females?:mute:

You sound so bitter.:eviltongue: You probably don't get girls, that is way you treat them like rubbish!

no no i meant that people call me a loser for holding the door open for girls , other kids in my school

also your right that i don't get girls :frown:

but you're wrong when u say i treat them like rubbish
Original post by Monclér
What is wrong with you?

Just write what those factors are then?

Nothing sir.

That's not for me to spoon-feed to you
Original post by Pigster
Your word, not mine.

My words: potatoes, potatoes (with an ar sound in the second)

Who the hell says pota(r)toes?

JTI lot says Potartoes. 😂.

It's not a restrictive religion. It's livable put it that way Alhamdulliah.
It's not a restrictive religion. It's livable put it that way Alhamdulliah.

It is not restrictive, it just bans certain things. Allah forbids the eating of pork. You might not mind not eating pork, but you are restricted from doing it.

Can you not see that you are contradicting yourself when you say that [Islam is] not a restrictive religion?
Original post by Pigster
It is not restrictive, it just bans certain things. Allah forbids the eating of pork. You might not mind not eating pork, but you are restricted from doing it.

Can you not see that you are contradicting yourself when you say that [Islam is] not a restrictive religion?

Okay if pork was halal today due you think a lot of Muslims would have consumed it today?
Nothing sir.

That's not for me to spoon-feed to you

Stop calling me sir.

And there is no category to leave Islam stop lying.:colonhash:

Something is wrong with you!
Okay if pork was halal today due you think a lot of Muslims would have consumed it today?

That, in no way, even comes close to answering my question, so I will ask it again:

Original post by Monclér
Stop calling me sir.

And there is no category to leave Islam stop lying.:colonhash:

Something is wrong with you!

I did tell you, the book name that's all I'm giving you.

What would lying about such benefit me?
Original post by Pigster
That, in no way, even comes close to answering my question, so I will ask it again:

Islam is restrictive but to a certain extent. No one's denying that.

There are alternative if a Muslim wants 'their own way' in a halal manner.

I know someone who is denying that...

Because believe it or not, Islam is not a restrictive religion.

What else is Islam lying to us about?
I did tell you, the book name that's all I'm giving you.

What would lying about such benefit me?

Right, so you want me to spend money to buy some book, just so I can read a few sentences about leaving Islam?:colonhash:

When you could save me the inconvenience of having to go through the trouble of doing all that, by going just stating them in a quote.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Pigster
What else is Islam lying to us about?

What benefit is it to me if I deny such? It is restrictive and for good reasoning.

Islam is an ideology, an ideology cannot lie.
It's not a restrictive religion.

:lol:
Hey, so a lot of the comments in here seem to be, as expected, completely butthurt and/or doing the exact same thing you've been afraid of: tampering with you emotionally by saying you'll go to hell, you're a kaffir etc. etc. Expect a LOT of that to happen if you decide to come out to everybody about leaving your religion. Islam, I find, is one of the religions that even in the modern day people CLING on to for dear life, and even people who aren't Muslim refuse to criticize it. You will just have to accept that people are going to give you a TON of ****, emotionally blackmail you etc. etc, or tell you that you are "betraying your culture" or you're somehow leaving God behind and falling into the evils of the Western devils blah blah blah...just ignore all of that, because at the end of the day, even if there is a God, it certainly cannot be a God that damns you to hell because you don't want to spend the rest of your life walking around on eggshells, and having to follow ridiculous rules like not eating pork or believing in this poisonous "us vs. them" mentality that Islam ESPECIALLY promotes. Your life is more important than a medieval ideology that is just downright incompatible with modern society. Live your life freely and without regrets, knowing that you are a decent person. Have courage. Best of luck.
Original post by Monclér
Right, so you want me to spend money to buy some book, just so I can read a few sentences about leaving Islam?:colonhash:

When you could save me the inconvenience of having to go through the trouble of doing all that, by going just stating them in a quote.

If you are interested why not?

I am not one to spoon-feed information to you. If you are genuinely intrigued the book can also be found on the internet, in pdf format.
What benefit is it to me if I deny such?

Are you now denying that you said Islam is restrictive, or denying that you said that Islam is not restrictive?
Original post by Monclér
You're already a kafir.

So I don't see what you are trying to convert out of?:unsure:

Lol with that kind of support, is it really a wonder why he doesnt like the reiligion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending