The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on the UCL offer. I’m just finalising my application.

I literally sent in my UCL application last week ! I hope that doesn’t lessen our chances in getting accepted in the course.
Original post by carysdartmouth
Hi! Did you ring up and ask about your application then?

Hello :-) I called and asked for an update about when they expect to process the remaining applications. They asked my name and confirmed that I will be invited for interview but they do not know dates and said I would be formally invited soon. My application status online still shows as ‘being processed’
Aah amazing thank you! I’ll ring up first thing tomorrow, hopefully it’s good news :smile: did you just ring the admissions office?
Original post by Adesola
Hi !

I don’t want to give you bad news but I read in the memo....... that if you already have a Masters you would not be eligible for a loan from Student Finance. I hope I’m wrong and someone on here can correct me.

That was for the original MSc loans, yes. But this is all new and they haven't even finalised what is happening with everyone else's loans yet so I'm not worried about it right now. If it's going to work like undergrad loans, then I'm not too anxious about it.
Original post by Adesola
Hi !

I don’t want to give you bad news but I read in the memo....... that if you already have a Masters you would not be eligible for a loan from Student Finance. I hope I’m wrong and someone on here can correct me.

also the memo actually says: "This instrument amends the Student Support Regulations so that students already
holding an equivalent or higher level qualification who want to start a postgraduate pre-registration course in nursing, midwifery and the allied health professions on a full-time basis from 1 August 2018 onwards will be able to apply for a fee loan and living costs support."
Original post by CaroarKat
Hi! I also got offered and have accepted UCL, decided not to bother with my interview for city after UCL's offer. :smile: Do you know if you're planning to live at home and commute or live in london etc? It's so up in the air with the funds etc, and london is so pricey! :frown:

Original post by slg1391
Hello all! I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to register and leave a comment.

Anyone here been accepted to UCL? I interviewed on the 5th January and was offered a place! So I'd love to chat with everyone who has been offered a place/anyone hoping to get a place in August! :-)

To everyone still waiting on City... I am waiting to even hear back from them after sending my application in November!

Original post by con34
Hey, I have accepted UCL too :smile:

Very annoying not knowing if I would be able to afford it, but I've applied for the student residence advisor role that they offered- that would definitely help!

Hey, I'm currently studying the course at UCL and just wanted to say Congratulations to all of you, you will love it at UCL. Hopefully meet you in September!
Original post by rainbowworld
Hey, I'm currently studying the course at UCL and just wanted to say Congratulations to all of you, you will love it at UCL. Hopefully meet you in September!

Thanks, looking forward to it! :biggrin:
Aah amazing thank you! I’ll ring up first thing tomorrow, hopefully it’s good news :smile: did you just ring the admissions office?

Hi yes I just called the admissions office. Hope they can give you some good news. Let me know if the have any more info and interview dates.
Original post by slg1391
also the memo actually says: "This instrument amends the Student Support Regulations so that students already
holding an equivalent or higher level qualification who want to start a postgraduate pre-registration course in nursing, midwifery and the allied health professions on a full-time basis from 1 August 2018 onwards will be able to apply for a fee loan and living costs support."

Phew 😅 I guess it only applies to the original MSC loans. But that’s good news. Now it’s just a waiting game.
I just called and the only lady who can help is the only person who can’t get in because of the snow! So he said to try again later but she might not be in until Monday :frown:
I just called and the only lady who can help is the only person who can’t get in because of the snow! So he said to try again later but she might not be in until Monday :frown:

Hey at least there's SOMEONE that can help us! Who did you call? I was planning on checking to see if SFE are at least aware of the memorandum tomorrow.
Original post by Spudgem2061
Hey at least there's SOMEONE that can help us! Who did you call? I was planning on checking to see if SFE are at least aware of the memorandum tomorrow.

Just the health admissions office but the number isn’t working anymore :frown: the man I talked to was very surprised I haven’t heard anything at all since I applied in October and said I should have definitely heard one way or the other and I said i’m not the only one and he said that was very strange but the only lady that could help wasn’t in today and they’ll probably be closed tomorrow!
Just the health admissions office but the number isn’t working anymore :frown: the man I talked to was very surprised I haven’t heard anything at all since I applied in October and said I should have definitely heard one way or the other and I said i’m not the only one and he said that was very strange but the only lady that could help wasn’t in today and they’ll probably be closed tomorrow!

Well that's even more promising! The answer is out there, we just might need to wait a few days because of the weather is all. Thanks for calling them though! Any info is gold dust at this point.
Reply 573
Got an email from UCL today, they said that funding arrangements have now been confirmed and that we can apply for student finance! I think we are entitled to both the fee and maintenance loan, which also has London weighting
Hi everyone, I'm considering applying to UCL (bit late I know) but with being waiting for offers from other Unis I think it might be a good idea. Any idea how much the fees are? It says to be confirmed on their website...
Original post by CorinneEmily
Hi everyone, I'm considering applying to UCL (bit late I know) but with being waiting for offers from other Unis I think it might be a good idea. Any idea how much the fees are? It says to be confirmed on their website...

I received an email from UCL. This is what they said regarding the fees

“The tuition fee loan was set by the UK government at a maximum of £9250 for 2017-18. The maximum tuition fee loan for students starting their course in 2018-19 has yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be much the same. The tuition fees for the MSc Speech and Language Sciences course have also not yet been confirmed, but we have put in a case to UCL for setting the fees at the same amount as the Tuition fee loan. We will update the course website as soon as we receive confirmation”
Original post by CorinneEmily

Get your application in ASAP as you would still need to wait for your referees to submit their references. As UCL won’t consider your application without these.
City are having some sort of live web chat at 4pm for people who have applied to either the BSC or MSC in speech and language therapy.

Would be a good opportunity to ask them any questions about the course/ funding etc.
Reply 578
Is the City portal playing up for anyone else? It was down earlier but came back online. However, it’s now saying I don’t have an application to view.
I've applied for BSc, Speech and Language Therapy and not found much support from bursaries. Don't quite know the situation with MSc but I do know that UCL offer a range of support and financial help for MSc Speech and Language if you have a degree from Faculty of Brain Sciences.

Latest

Trending

Trending