The Student Room Group

Firm and Insurance choices

I've received all the decisions from my choices, and Tracks tells me that it's time to choose my firm and insurance option, though the deadline is 7th June. Will choosing my firm and insurance early be advantageous in any way? Oh, and my offers are all conditional since my results will arrive by May.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AnnSwift
I've received all the decisions from my choices, and Tracks tells me that it's time to choose my firm and insurance option, though the deadline is 7th June. Will choosing my firm and insurance early be advantageous in any way? Oh, and my offers are all conditional since my results will arrive by May.

That just means you can decide now if you want, but you are correct there's no need to rush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

Hi there! considering you have 3 months to make a decision, i would wait and not rush this since once you choose your firm and insurance, you don't be able to change them. the only advantage I can think of when it comes to firming early is that you can choose your accomodation slightly earlier than the majority of people so you'd have a slightly higher chance than others to get offered the accomodation that you want. however; as I've said, think a lot about this decision and make sure you don't regret what you choose :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, for what course have you applied and where?
Reply 3
Original post by yag123
Hi there! considering you have 3 months to make a decision, i would wait and not rush this since once you choose your firm and insurance, you don't be able to change them. the only advantage I can think of when it comes to firming early is that you can choose your accomodation slightly earlier than the majority of people so you'd have a slightly higher chance than others to get offered the accomodation that you want. however; as I've said, think a lot about this decision and make sure you don't regret what you choose :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, for what course have you applied and where?

Thank you! :smile: I have offers for Psychology BSc from Birmingham, Bath and Durham, and for Sociology MA from Edinburgh!
Reply 4
Thank you! :smile: I have offers for Psychology BSc from Birmingham, Bath and Durham, and for Sociology MA from Edinburgh!

Wow that's amazing! congratulations:smile: which one are you considering as firm and insurance?
Reply 5
Original post by yag123
Wow that's amazing! congratulations:smile: which one are you considering as firm and insurance?

Bath is going to be my firm for sure. But I'm stuck between Edinburgh and Durham for my insurance. Are you applying to college this year as well?
Original post by yag123
... the only advantage I can think of when it comes to firming early is that you can choose your accomodation slightly earlier than the majority of people so you'd have a slightly higher chance than others to get offered the accomodation that you want. ..

That is not true at every uni .. some don't allocate until AFTER results.
Reply 7
Bath is going to be my firm for sure. But I'm stuck between Edinburgh and Durham for my insurance. Are you applying to college this year as well?

oh thats nice, yeahh I will also be going to uni next year :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by yag123
the only advantage I can think of when it comes to firming early is that you can choose your accomodation slightly earlier than the majority of people so you'd have a slightly higher chance than others to get offered the accomodation that you want.

Most universities do not do this. See below...

Bath says:
"Rooms are not allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority is not given to the date and time of application."
http://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/allocation-procedure-for-university-accommodation/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending