The Student Room Group

Is everyone here from the U.K.?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
how did you end up on tsr :yy:

Was doing A Levels at school. I heard about tsr from my friends and the rest is history 🕵
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Was doing A Levels at school. I heard about tsr from my friends and the rest is history 🕵

oh. you were a student in uk?

We want your oil.
Yes - absolutely everyone. In fact if you dig back far enough you’ll probably discover that you’re from here too :biggrin:

Seriously though it does seem that the majority of people here are British
Original post by Bang Outta Order
oh. you were a student in uk?

A levels are taught here the UAE as well. You have an option to choose either American, Indian, British or local curriculum 🙂
Original post by SMEGGGY
We want your oil.

We want your money.... 98% of Dubai's earning is from commerce and tourism compared with 2% of that of oil's. Time have changed my friend 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
We want your money....

We'll have to trade with immgrants for your oil, we have to pay billions to EU for
BREXIT

😔 😢
From the emirate of Abu Dhabi
Original post by SMEGGGY
We'll have to trade with immgrants for your oil, we have to pay billions to EU for
BREXIT

😔 😢

Remember, UAE and the UK are best friends, both depend on each other🙂. We have diversified our economy, on average only 20℅ of our earnings were only from oil and with time expect it to be even lower as 2021 approaches, heard about UAE vision 2021? It's an amazing initiative undertaken by the government to diversify the economy.
https://www.vision2021.ae/en
(edited 6 years ago)
Remember, UAE and the UK are best friends, both depend on each other🙂. We have diversified our economy, on average only 20℅ of our earnings were only from oil and with time expect it to be even lower as 2021 approaches, heard about UAE vision 2021? It's an amazing initiative undertaken by the government to diversify the economy.

But bro, the bloody Burj Khalifa, was that necessary. Waste of money, no? Heard bad stories about how Labour ers are treated. 🤔

But that's not your fault so we'll keep it amicable

It's scorching out there, how do you cope?
Original post by SMEGGGY
But bro, the bloody Burj Khalifa, was that necessary. Waste of money, no? Heard bad stories about how Labour ers are treated. 🤔

But that's not your fault so we'll keep it amicable

It's scorching out there, how do you cope?

I do feel burj khalifa was too much! But it was to prove that UAE has great potential for business opportunities and attract more investment. We are improving the living conditions of the labourers here. It's compulsory for companies to provide free medical insurance and housing with no more that 4 people in single room provided its up to humane standards. It's in our genes to cope with such heat, kidding lol. The infrastructure is well built here. We have air-conditioned bus stops, metros and every building is air-conditioned. Just remember, don't forget to drink enough water here, you will feel very thirsty here.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm from wakanda.
Up until Brexit, we are one nation, one country, and one people.
That's cool! You must visit UAE some day in your life, we have expo 2020 in 2020. It's a world expo, you must definitely see it
Original post by bulletzone
i'm from wakanda.

black panther
Original post by Sadflower
black panther

Meow
one more friend than most ppl here
Woof
Original post by Turquaz
Up until Brexit, we are one nation, one country, and one people.

uhhh no. Homelessness,divorce, teen parenthood, alcoholism, and all sorts of crime were increasing suddenly many years before Brexit, hence Brexit :rolleyes:
Im from the uk with a hong kong descent.

Quick Reply

Latest