The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aleatorio
Ah cool! I'm doing a PhD in Neuroscience/Stem cell biology.. My PI had funding for a student, so I had funding before I even applied to Cambridge - definitely lucky!

Congratulations! Were you already a Cambridge student? It is quite a success, getting the only studentship position among many applicants.🍀
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Mythrandir
Congratulations! Were you already a Cambridge student? It is quite a success, getting the only studentship position among many applicants.🍀

No, I'm from Ireland, though I was working in a different lab in Cambridge during the summer to get a feel for the place. I actually have no idea if many people applied for the place, I've convinced myself I likely only got it because noone else applied! :smile:
Original post by aleatorio
No, I'm from Ireland, though I was working in a different lab in Cambridge during the summer to get a feel for the place. I actually have no idea if many people applied for the place, I've convinced myself I likely only got it because noone else applied! :smile:

Be sure if it's advertised, many people must have applied:biggrin: congratulations again! Fingers crossed for the rest of us in the funding competition 🍀
Hi, great to hear from everyone!

Degree: MPhil Public Policy
Applied: Mid Nov
Conditional offer made: Mid Dec
College: Darwin, start Jan
Funding: didn't apply for any

Anyone else in Darwin College or who knows what it's like to be there? :smile:
Any news on Gates here - they should have gone out at the end of last week or early this week?
Original post by DocApp18
Any news on Gates here - they should have gone out at the end of last week or early this week?

I have been constantly checking my email since last week hoping for an interview invite. I know that the chances are very slim but I cannot help it.
I got an interview for this afternoon for Gates, social sciences panel.....and freaking out
Original post by geekchloe
I got an interview for this afternoon for Gates, social sciences panel.....and freaking out

Hi congratulations! Is the interview taking place today or you got the invite today?
Hi congratulations! Is the interview taking place today or you got the invite today?

Clearly the shock is such that I can't write, hahahaha. I got the invite today; the interview is the end of the month. My bad! Thanks :smile:
Clearly the shock is such that I can't write, hahahaha. I got the invite today; the interview is the end of the month. My bad! Thanks :smile:

Congratulations! This must feel great.

Congratulations!! Well done!
Original post by GradGirlGeek
Congratulations! This must feel great.

Congratulations!! Well done!

Thanks!! <3 Honestly was not expecting this. Mostly just freaking out.
Hi everyone!

Degree: MPhil Economic Research
Decision: January 16th
College: St. Edmund's
Funding: Waiting to hear
Well done on Gates invitations! Was put forward by department for Gates and Cambridge Trust but haven't heard anything yet. Got accepted at Trinity yesterday. Nervous waits...
Congrats to all of you who got shortlisted! Out of curiosity, how many Gates interviewees get the scholarship? The website strongly emphasizes the brutal competition to reach the scholarship stage.
Reply 135
Congrats @ Gates interviewees!
Original post by bicmark
Congrats to all of you who got shortlisted! Out of curiosity, how many Gates interviewees get the scholarship? The website strongly emphasizes the brutal competition to reach the scholarship stage.

35 Americans were accepted this year and 55 international students will get the scholarship.
has anyone got an offer or heard anything from gonville & cauis yet?
Reply 138
Degree: PhD in Philosophy
Applied: 4th December 2017
Conditional offer made: 14th February 2018
College: Girton (1st preference and I taught at a secondary school named after Girton so I'm stoked about the offer!)
Funding: Invited to interview for Gates (!!!) and nominated by my Faculty for the central Cambridge funding competitions

Has anyone been offered the Cambridge International Scholarship or know the chances of being offered one if you're offered a Gates interview? I know the criteria is different but I'm hoping there's some cross over?? I've heard the CIS offers are starting to go out via email too but nothing in my inbox yet :erm:
Reply 139
Original post by blmge
Degree: PhD in Philosophy
Applied: 4th December 2017
Conditional offer made: 14th February 2018
College: Girton (1st preference and I taught at a secondary school named after Girton so I'm stoked about the offer!)
Funding: Invited to interview for Gates (!!!) and nominated by my Faculty for the central Cambridge funding competitions

Has anyone been offered the Cambridge International Scholarship or know the chances of being offered one if you're offered a Gates interview? I know the criteria is different but I'm hoping there's some cross over?? I've heard the CIS offers are starting to go out via email too but nothing in my inbox yet :erm:

Hey, fellow Philosophy PhD-er! I was wondering, since you're American, did the Philosophy Faculty interview you, too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending