The Student Room Group

No shift for 3 weeks

Hi,

I work in a part time weekend job, it is a zero hour contract. Last week I did not have any shifts, this week I have not been given any shifts and next week I have not been given any shifts. That’s 3 weeks in total. I am aware it’s zero hours and they don’t have to give any. But other people have been getting two shifts per weekend or getting at least one shift every week. They have been getting one every week, where I have been getting none, Surley they should not have any one week and I get one instead. Because I have gone 3 weeks with no shifts when they have received one every week. Do you think this is fair and what should I do.
Like everyone else gets a shift every weekend while I have got none and they continue to get them every week. Surely it’s my turn for a shift. If it’s a quiet period they should give everyone a shift to make it fair and at least everyone get one shift a week. But they are giving some people two shifts per weekend when they have had a shift the previous weekend where I have had none
Maybe they think they're better workers than you? Or maybe they are pro-active in asking or something?
I don't see how coming here to get validation that you 'should' have had a shift by now is going to help in anyway?
Search for a new job if you can? Preferably not a zero-hour contract one.
Original post by Anonymous123_
Hi,

I work in a part time weekend job, it is a zero hour contract. Last week I did not have any shifts, this week I have not been given any shifts and next week I have not been given any shifts. That’s 3 weeks in total. I am aware it’s zero hours and they don’t have to give any. But other people have been getting two shifts per weekend or getting at least one shift every week. They have been getting one every week, where I have been getting none, Surley they should not have any one week and I get one instead. Because I have gone 3 weeks with no shifts when they have received one every week. Do you think this is fair and what should I do.

ask the person who organises the shifts why you havent been given any?
They don't owe you any and they don't have to be fair. Find a new job if youre unhappy.
They're probably better workers. It's zero hour, you knew this could happen when you accepted the job. If you want steady hours, get a job with a set number of contracted hours.
(edited 6 years ago)
Is it a well know company? Try asking the supervisor why you are not getting any hours. They might have forgottien about you by accident. Good luck mate. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending