The Student Room Group

HELP!

Right, so im doing an MA by Research at the University of Hertfordshire. I started in January. I'm really struggling to cope with it! I chose my research topic, but seem to have lost the motivation and passion for it. My feedback has been awful so far, and my supervisors never answer their emails. I have a submission deadline next week, which could mean i continue or get kicked off the course, and they dont seem to care! they have to approve it before they submit it to the research degrees board, and i am going to have limited time to make any more changes. I have already made so many changes to the topic at their request. I feel that i dont want to do it anymore. I am struggling with this, and dont feel it is benefiting me at the moment, with the lack of support. What do i do?
Original post by Beckamia11
Right, so im doing an MA by Research at the University of Hertfordshire. I started in January. I'm really struggling to cope with it! I chose my research topic, but seem to have lost the motivation and passion for it. My feedback has been awful so far, and my supervisors never answer their emails. I have a submission deadline next week, which could mean i continue or get kicked off the course, and they dont seem to care! they have to approve it before they submit it to the research degrees board, and i am going to have limited time to make any more changes. I have already made so many changes to the topic at their request. I feel that i dont want to do it anymore. I am struggling with this, and dont feel it is benefiting me at the moment, with the lack of support. What do i do?

Hi @Beckamia11

Really sorry to hear you're struggling with your MA. Please could you let me know which subject you are studying? I can put you in touch with an academic support member of staff.

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 2
I am doing the Creative Arts MA by Research
Original post by Beckamia11
I am doing the Creative Arts MA by Research

Hi @Beckamia11,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you, I didn't get notified of your message. I'll send you a DM now with details on who to contact.

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending