The Student Room Group

Young people don't want Britain to succeed post-Brexit.

I would have voted yes to our first referendum on Common Market membership, as that's all it was, a trade policy.

I however emphatically voted Leave in 2016 due to the European Union totally ignoring the will of states wanting autonomy and ever increasing federalism (I'm embarrassed that young people on here voted remain).

Young people seem to love feeling a part of something bigger, rather than feeling secure in their own country.
Original post by Pleasantri
I would have voted yes to our first referendum on Common Market membership, as that's all it was, a trade policy.

I however emphatically voted Leave in 2016 due to the European Union totally ignoring the will of states wanting autonomy and ever increasing federalism (I'm embarrassed that young people on here voted remain).

Young people seem to love feeling a part of something bigger, rather than feeling secure in their own country.

not really. its just the cries of the lefties and when they realized they couldn't do anything, they started claiming that young people dont want to leave.
Original post by Pleasantri

Do you have a source for this? Also this is the wrong section.
Oh, and I'd rather live in a society that's more prosperous. Going by the govt's own projections, we will be 8% worse off without the EU http://uk.businessinsider.com/leaked-government-analysis-brexit-britain-worse-off-2018-1

The economy will still grow, but slower, because of no EU..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RickHendricks
not really. its just the cries of the lefties and when they realized they couldn't do anything, they started claiming that young people dont want to leave.

Because it's true..

https://fullfact.org/europe/how-did-young-people-vote-brexit-referendum/
Wanting something to happen and believing it will are two very different things.

Giving them the vote wouldn’t have made a difference. In 2014 the 16-17 population was 1,534,192. Voter turnout for 18-24 year olds was 64%. If we assume a similar population and voter turnout we get 980,000 (rounded) votes from 16-17 year olds. Which even if they all voted remain wouldn’t have been enough.

I think u misinterpretated my post.

I said that it's not true that young people don't want Britain to success. A lot of us do and would do whatever it would take to make sure Britain is good. But the thing is the left doesn't like the idea that they've lost, and they would d anything to make sure the decision taken by Britain is not going to lead them down a good part. However along that they start claiming that the young don't want this option and make it look like we don't want Britain to suceed aswell.

I'll alter that post to make it more clear.
I think u misinterpretated my post.

I said that it's not true that young people don't want Britain to success. A lot of us do and would do whatever it would take to make sure Britain is good. But the thing is the left doesn't like the idea that they've lost, and they would d anything to make sure the decision taken by Britain is not going to lead them down a good part. However along that they start claiming that the young don't want this option and make it look like we don't want Britain to suceed aswell.

I'll alter that post to make it more clear.

Or not... You've still not provided any source for what you're saying. As such, your claims can be dismissed. You're making a logical fallacy here. Also, you're jumping to conclusions too... Not wanting something doesn't mean they don't want Britain to succeed. I voted remain, and I'm a leftist. I go against your logic. I also do want Britain to succeed

ALso, funnily enough, I win because of brexit, and tbh at the expense of those around me who voted leave (northern town)

https://uk.dice.com/technews/conducting-successful-job-search-brexit/

https://uk.dice.com/technews/brexit-impact-winning-and-losing-industries/
Original post by BasicMistake
Wanting something to happen and believing it will are two very different things.

Get out of here with your critical thinking skills. We rely on propaganda, and misinformation here!
Despite supporting remain, have seen a lot of young people, even in England, advocating for the breakup of the whole Union, and suggesting that we are about to slip into a decades long recession, and that anything being approved by the Government is a conspiracy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending