The Student Room Group

Guys, how often do random men comment on your looks when you go out?

Just wondering...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Never.

Spoiler

Reply 2
why would random men comment on my looks?

If this happens to you OP then great, but as a straight man this is not something I go out looking for
Original post by ANM775
why would random men comment on my looks?

If this happens to you OP then great, but as a straight man this is not something I go out looking for

That's what I thought, it seems really unusual even if a guy is attractive. It's very common for me though... I know the guys are straight but I don't know what it says about me...

Does it mean I look feminine? Over-groomed? Non-threatening and placid (so they feel a need to try and say nice things to me, like you would to a puppy)?

It's actually possible I get as many comments from men as women... I feel good and take it as a compliment ofc, but I think maybe it also implies something bad. Like that men view me as more attractive than women do. Or that something about my features appeals to men more (like my features are feminine?)...

Something about me obv invites guys to say something.
Drop the mankini.
Reply 5
Original post by RockyDennis
That's what I thought, it seems really unusual even if a guy is attractive. It's very common for me though... I know the guys are straight but I don't know what it says about me...

Does it mean I look feminine? Over-groomed? Non-threatening and placid (so they feel a need to try and say nice things to me, like you would to a puppy)?

It's actually possible I get as many comments from men as women... I feel good and take it as a compliment ofc, but I think maybe it also implies something bad. Like that men view me as more attractive than women do. Or that something about my features appeals to men more (like my features are feminine?)...

seems like you appeal to both genders

possibly it may mean some may think you are gay, but tbh looking at your pics you don't really strike me as looking like you might be gay
On a night out I always get random guys complementing my hair. Unless the girl is really confident she won't complement me.
Original post by ANM775
seems like you appeal to both genders

possibly it may mean some may think you are gay, but tbh looking at your pics you don't really strike me as looking like you might be gay

It's possible people could think I'm gay. I look well-kept and also have friendly "harmless guy" eyes rather than alpha badboy ones.

It's legit almost every week and I really don't think it's normal AT ALL for this to happen even if a guy looks good. For example, I would never say to a random guy they look good even if they did, I'd think he'd assume I'm gay and react badly. Like I said the guys are straight men but it's weird to do this.

On the other hand, if an attractive girl likes me they'll usually just do something like make eye contact and smile a couple of times so I go talk to them. I think men are more vocal about my appearance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8

means there are a lot of gays on the town that night :perv:
It's possible people could think I'm gay. I look well-kept and also have friendly "harmless guy" eyes rather than alpha badboy ones.

you have the kind of lonely, sad puppy eyes. i'm not even exagerating but that's because you don't ever smile.

It's legit almost every week and I really don't think it's normal AT ALL for this to happen even if a guy looks good. For example, I would never say to a random guy they look good even if they did, I'd think he'd assume I'm gay and react badly. Like I said the guys are straight men but it's weird to do this.

it's probably because of your physique more so than your face (nothing wrong with your face before all you get all insecure) and i think that's normal. it would be not normal if most of the compliments were focused on your face, i think.

and, it's easy to compliment a guy and not come across as gay. just say "no homo" at the end though most guys won't automatically assume you're gay unless you do it weirdly.
(edited 6 years ago)
Not really on my looks but I have received compliments and the “where did you get that” on a particular jacket I have. Other guys and women included

you sound hella gay to me
Yeah me too. Why does it happen?
Idk a lot of out of the closet fellas. Around here lads don't compliment lads...but on social media I get adds and comments and offers from lads all the time. On nights out men dont approach me unless they know me or wanna fight me. Or they compliment my gear or trainers or haircut or how many reps I did at the gym.
Yeah me too. Why does it happen?

where exactly are you going out? What city/area is this...Manchester?
Original post by Axiomasher
Drop the mankini.

this quote with your display pic is class :rofl:
Original post by Nerry
means there are a lot of gays on the town that night :perv:

ha. Im wondering what town this is :lolwut:
Like once lol. Another time some dude put his arm around my waist... Weird af lol
Feel like i lowkey inspired this post 😂😂😂💀
Legit, same. I would NEVER say that to a guy.

Quick Reply

Latest