The Student Room Group

How to flirt with a girl

Flirting isn't really my thing, but there's this girl I'm talking to and I need to flirt without it coming across as being a douche. Any help?

Scroll to see replies

Make jokes, jokes work every time on me. Being able to make a girl laugh, in my opinion, makes a guy attractive, I’ve always fallen for funny guys for that reason. Good luck and hope that helps :smile:
Act like a massive ****, always works because girls are attracted to *****
Reply 3
Original post by Alexty28
Act like a massive ****, always works because girls are attracted to *****

Not this one
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Not this one

Yes it does, you never see the hot girls with nerds or good boys do you ? To get a hot girl, you gotta be a Badboy
Reply 5
Original post by STw67
Yes it does, you never see the hot girls with nerds or good boys do you ? To get a hot girl, you gotta be a Badboy

You can be a 'badboy' without being a d*ckhead. But yeah I agree that girls always go for the bad guy.
Reply 6
You can be a 'badboy' without being a d*ckhead. But yeah I agree that girls always go for the bad guy.

No, a Badboy is a d*ckhead if he is not one, then he is a goodboy. Quite Frankly i love playing that role and getting all the fresh p*ussy- the clever boys are the ones who have two personalities and can reel the girl in-and once we got what we want-move on to the next and come up with a unique personality to play for the next girl...you dont get anywhere by being nice
Reply 7
Get leathered and ignore them.
Make them laugh, and get their playful side out.
Stop worrying too much about coming across as being “douchie”. That’s an insecurity and girls can easily pick up on these kinda things and it’s often a huge turn off. Just grow some balls, walk over there, introduce yourself, throw a little light hearted chit chat into the mix, maybe tease a little and then ask her out for coffee sometime. As long as she likes ya and you keep her wanting more, she’ll be up for it for sure.
Stop worrying too much about coming across as being “douchie”. That’s an insecurity and girls can easily pick up on these kinda things and it’s often a huge turn off. Just grow some balls, walk over there, introduce yourself, throw a little light hearted chit chat into the mix, maybe tease a little and then ask her out for coffee sometime. As long as she likes ya and you keep her wanting more, she’ll be up for it for sure.

Dude we've talked for ages. I just want to make sure im coming across as wanting more than friendship.
Reply 11
Dude, just be yourself. Occasionally just compliment her on things, they don't need to be big things just things that'll make her smile. What I tend to find that works is making playful jokes and puns around her and being overall a nice person. I've been with mine for a year now and that's how I got her :wink: Good luck man, hope it goes well.
As a girl I am definitely more attractive to the nice guy. Seriously! I am smart enough to know that the 'bad boy' is only ever interested in himself so he can't truly be trusted. If the girl wants a ONS she'll hit up the bad boy but the girl who actually wants to be in a decent relationship will avoid that guy!

So, be yourself. If you've already known her for ages then she already likes you for you on some level.

Definitely compliment her. Nothing shmarmy. Something casual like "I like your jumper" or "that shirt really makes your eyes look blue". Definitely light teasing, joking but not an actual joke unless you just heard a funny one to share. It would be a bit weird if you just told her jokes. I also agree that silly puns work well for flirting. Then if you know her well enough a light poke with your finger to her side for a quick tickle is flirty as well. But, gage her personality first. The girls I know wouldn't mind that at all coming from a guy they fancied but I suppose someone might not care for it.

Less subtle are making good eye contact when she is talking (but don't stare), be genuinely interested in what she is saying shaking your head occasionally to signal you're actively listening and ask her open ended questions. I also liked it when my bf actually asked my opinion on things so you might consider that as we. And of course a friendly, genuine smile when you see her is always a good thing!

Best of luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
Go revise mn
say hey I like your hair, I LOVE your hair
use some good pickup lines:
are u a beaver cuz dam
Go revise mn

Done with exams
Call them a kugelblitz

#PhysicsFlirting
Original post by Hopefully1
As a girl I am definitely more attractive to the nice guy. Seriously! I am smart enough to know that the 'bad boy' is only ever interested in himself so he can't truly be trusted. If the girl wants a ONS she'll hit up the bad boy but the girl who actually wants to be in a decent relationship will avoid that guy!

So, be yourself. If you've already known her for ages then she already likes you for you on some level.

Definitely compliment her. Nothing shmarmy. Something casual like "I like your jumper" or "that shirt really makes your eyes look blue". Definitely light teasing, joking but not an actual joke unless you just heard a funny one to share. It would be a bit weird if you just told her jokes. I also agree that silly puns work well for flirting. Then if you know her well enough a light poke with your finger to her side for a quick tickle is flirty as well. But, gage her personality first. The girls I know wouldn't mind that at all coming from a guy they fancied but I suppose someone might not care for it.

Less subtle are making good eye contact when she is talking (but don't stare), be genuinely interested in what she is saying shaking your head occasionally to signal you're actively listening and ask her open ended questions. I also liked it when my bf actually asked my opinion on things so you might consider that as we. And of course a friendly, genuine smile when you see her is always a good thing!

Best of luck!

Yeah that sounds more like it. It's just this girl is so different from any of the other girls ive gone out with, part of why i like her so much, but it's hard to judge. Like I have no idea what her feelings are about me either and im worried that she'll react the exact opposite way i want to flirting. Thanks for the help.
Flirting isn't really my thing, but there's this girl I'm talking to and I need to flirt without it coming across as being a douche. Any help?

So do you mean in person? Okay so be funny and show her that you’re interesting! How long have you known her and what reason have you got to speak to her? Eg if at school then ask her about hwk etc
It's either natural and spontaneous or in your case, artificial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending