The Student Room Group

[Exam Jam] BIOLOGY Your Strengths and Worries - 28th May

biology-pic.jpg

Biology is a really diverse subject, with lots of different things to learn about, from bacteria to animal behaviour; plant science to infectious diseases. They're all linked, but with there being so much diversity, it's inevitable that there will be parts of the specification we love :biggrin: and areas we just don't like at all :colonhash:

So, whether it's GCSE or A level you're doing...Which areas of biology are you best at? And which topics do you find the trickiest to understand?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

well its been a quiet day so far... lol
I'm planning to do some revision for the gcse biology paper 2 - specifically stuff on dna and ecology
Reply 3
:tumble:
Original post by Fazzy_77
well its been a quiet day so far... lol

This one has only just went up on the public forum :wink:

There are a few people revising over in the Biology All Day Revision Thread :smile:
Ughhhhh I dislike ecology with a passion! (And it comes up in geography too so I’m screwed :lol:)
[at gcse] I'm best at....uhhh genetics:dontknow: I find decoding those family pedigree charts and monohybrid cross diagram thingys interesting...unfortunately they're only on paper 1:cry:
I struggle with...ahaha protein synthesis:lol: again, a paper 1 topic, and remembering the order of hormones and what they do in the menstrual cycle:giggle:
im doing a level edexcel b, i need to go over all of topic 6 which is microbiology stuff
I struggle remembering everything to do with the nervous system.
Reply 9
genetics
I'm doing edexcel gcse combined science so I got one biology paper left. I think I struggle with like plant stuff really i.e translocation and that
does anyone know what questions/topics came up in the 2018 aqa as biology paper on May 24th? it would be a big help if you can remember
im do edexcel a (a level) and i just cant seem to get the exam questions right for immune system. are there any keywords i should never miss out? every answer seems so different
is this also for AQA AS? By any chance?

If so, predictions for paper 2??!
Original post by RickHendricks
is this also for AQA AS? By any chance?

If so, predictions for paper 2??!

Yep, all levels and all specs :smile:
Ive completed revision on cell structure, going to start on biological molecules! Here goes...

OCR Alevel Bio
love Topics 5 and 6 but not the biggest fan of ecology
I remember loathing animal behaviours and milk pasteurisation.:redface:

Always enjoyed things like protein synthesis though.:erm:

And let's not talk about the nitrogen cycle.:lol:
just completed biological molecules, now onto nucleotides and nucleic acids!
i have no motivation to continue and i havent done near enough revision. pls help :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending