The Student Room Group

I work in Harrods! - ask me anything

Hey y'all

I work in Harrods so ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

I was there last week, retail assistants are great but security are so irritating and lifeless, what do you do
Reply 2
Is every normal-brand thing they sell still inexplicably something like 10% more expensive? Used to live over the road and went in there for games, dvds, etc. and everything was at least a few pounds more.
Reply 3
how much discount do you get? ever made a lot on commission?
Original post by Mr Sc
Is every normal-brand thing they sell still inexplicably something like 10% more expensive? Used to live over the road and went in there for games, dvds, etc. and everything was at least a few pounds more.

if you lived over the road why are you complaining about the price difference-it's not like you can't afford it lmao
Do employees talk about customers once they leave?

Do you judge customers based on what they wear or do other employees?

Any tips for getting special service lol

What's your experience on serving teenagers (if any) are they bratty?

Most obnoxious experience?

Sorry for all the q's-curious!
Original post by adamantacademic
I was there last week, retail assistants are great but security are so irritating and lifeless, what do you do

Yeah the same with staff. some security are alright and I know most of them but some security *******s
Original post by Mr Sc

Yeah I've noticed that as well, some items are priced more than than the usual high street price
Reply 8
Original post by ohdearstudying
if you lived over the road why are you complaining about the price difference-it's not like you can't afford it lmao

Doesn't mean I like arbitrarily throwing money at companies. You don't throw an extra fiver at the McDonald's cashier every time you get a pay rise do you.
Original post by Allie4
how much discount do you get? ever made a lot on commission?

We get 33% off on most brands but some brands we get 10%-25%

I know in the Toy department and the Harrods shop the commission is around 1% for everyone, so doesn't matter how much you sell compared with your colleges everyone gets the same. I'm not sure on the Jewellery department, I think commission will be different for everyone.
how much do u get paid and what for what role
Original post by Mr Sc
Doesn't mean I like arbitrarily throwing money at companies. You don't throw an extra fiver at the McDonald's cashier every time you get a pay rise do you.

I wouldn't know, don't eat there :smile:

I just find it funny when someone who lives in a multi million pound home is complaining like they can't afford it.

If you're going to Harrods you shouldn't be worrying about prices, if you are, go during the sale then lmaooo like everyone else does.
Are people refused entry if they look shabby
Do employees talk about customers once they leave?

Do you judge customers based on what they wear or do other employees?

Any tips for getting special service lol

What's your experience on serving teenagers (if any) are they bratty?

Most obnoxious experience?

Sorry for all the q's-curious!

1) Yes pretty sure staff talk about customers after they leave
2) I don't personally judge, but I know some people that do
3) Yes occasionally you do get tips, I've gotten a £20 tip once
4) I've not really encountered teenagers
5) So far I haven't had any obnoxious experience, just a few rude customers
Original post by anonymous69gcse
how much do u get paid and what for what role

I'm on a permanent contract so get paid the same each month, it works out roughly just over £10 an hour
Original post by Anonymous619
1) Yes pretty sure staff talk about customers after they leave
2) I don't personally judge, but I know some people that do
3) Yes occasionally you do get tips, I've gotten a £20 tip once
4) I've not really encountered teenagers
5) So far I haven't had any obnoxious experience, just a few rude customers

I asked 1 because I was once there, bought a scarf and the employee started talking about me to my mum (didn't know we were related) and she texted me to come back and I returned it to the employee that was talking about me (who sold me the scarf).

How frequent are your sales and do you ever have things on sale that aren't 'advertised'-so would a customer with a relatively low tier loyalty card get access?
Original post by moopmeen
Are people refused entry if they look shabby

I believe they used to be strict before but now they don't really mind. No one is allowed to bring any suitcases in tho but you can leave them at the Left Luggage department
Original post by Anonymous619
Hey y'all

I work in Harrods so ask me anything

I am starting a luxury men’s clothing brand: how would I get my brand sold at Harrods?
Rudest customer experience?
Reply 19
I wouldn't know, don't eat there :smile:

I just find it funny when someone who lives in a multi million pound home is complaining like they can't afford it.

If you're going to Harrods you shouldn't be worrying about prices, if you are, go during the sale then lmaooo like everyone else does.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending