The Student Room Group

Sainsburys help

So basically I’ve been working in sainsburys for a week however the problem is I applied for general assistant which is meant to be responsible for the fresh food department. However, they changed my role to working in tills all day which is something i did not apply for I tried to talk to 1 of the managers at the very beginning n they said general assistant, cashier is the same thing. I recently found out someone who also applied for the same job as me is doing the role i was meant to be doing. Can i complain for them to change it to that
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Rentorigin
So basically I’ve been working in sainsburys for a week however the problem is I applied for general assistant which is meant to be responsible for the fresh food department. However, they changed my role to working in tills all day which is something i did not apply for I tried to talk to 1 of the managers at the very beginning n they said general assistant, cashier is the same thing. I recently found out someone who also applied for the same job as me is doing the role i was meant to be doing. Can i complain for them to change it to that

Have they given you a proper job description?

I work for Sainsbury’s that’s not try only customer service is on tills unless the store is packed and you have training you shouldn’t be on tills
Reply 4
Original post by tiffanydellness2
I work for Sainsbury’s that’s not try only customer service is on tills unless the store is packed and you have training you shouldn’t be on tills

Just as I thought
Just as I thought

I’m on tills but I work in the back because we are low staffed but you should be on food and learn how to do that
Reply 6
Original post by tiffanydellness2
I’m on tills but I work in the back because we are low staffed but you should be on food and learn how to do that

So how should I approach them?
So how should I approach them?

Honestly I would say it not my job to be on tills I will go only if it fully needed, but I’ll ask my manager she will definitely be able to help you
What does it say in your contract? Usually it has your role in your contract. They might have given you a different job than the one you applied for. If it says Customer Service Assistant in your contract then you'll mostly be on tills if it says General Assistant then you should mostly be stacking shelves and stuff.
(edited 5 years ago)
I know exactly how you feel, I started a week ago and got put in a different job aswell!! What store do you work at? Or what city/town, we might even work at the same one haha

So I had a good talk with my manager and she said that there’s no point of doing anything rn in September there’s a new contract where you can only do your job
Reply 11
Original post by Unknown-99
What does it say in your contract? Usually it has your role in your contract. They might have given you a different job than the one you applied for. If it says Customer Service Assistant in your contract then you'll mostly be on tills if it says General Assistant then you should mostly be stacking shelves and stuff.

Loool my login don’t work anymore so i cant see my contract
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I know exactly how you feel, I started a week ago and got put in a different job aswell!! What store do you work at? Or what city/town, we might even work at the same one haha

In west london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending