The Student Room Group

Taking both business studies and economics at a level?

My options are maths business and economics, and I know i want to do accounting at finance at uni, I dont think I will change my mind on this.
So do you think that the two a levels are ok or should I change one??
Bearing in mind my sixth form didn’t do accounting otherwise I would have taken that instead of business
Original post by lilis123
My options are maths business and economics, and I know i want to do accounting at finance at uni, I dont think I will change my mind on this.
Bearing in mind my sixth form didn’t do accounting otherwise I would have taken that instead of business

You need to ask the universities that you’re thinking of applying to whether they will accept this combination. Often when there’s a lot of overlap they won’t consider this to be 3 A levels.

Have you thought about something like psychology or sociology? That would compliment the social science aspects of economics and would give you insight into consumer behaviour.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to ask the universities that you’re thinking of applying to whether they will accept this combination. Often when there’s a lot of overlap they won’t consider this to be 3 A levels.

Have you thought about something like psychology or sociology? That would compliment the social science aspects of economics and would give you insight into consumer behaviour.

Yes i have considered sociology, but as a back up. If i were to change an a level, i would change business to history as i enjoy history, even though it has nothing to do with my future plans :smile:
Yes i have considered sociology, but as a back up. If i were to change an a level, i would change business to history as i enjoy history, even though it has nothing to do with my future plans :smile:

That would probably be a good decision to keep your universities options as open as possible.
Reply 4

Maths, economics and history would be a very good combination. While business and economics probably won't matter for may universities, some do think there is too much overlap.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/are-certain-a-level-combinations-too-narrow

Communication / report writing can be an important part of an accountants job and combining an essay subject with maths and economics will give you a well rounded set of skills.
Reply 5
Original post by marple
Maths, economics and history would be a very good combination. While business and economics probably won't matter for may universities, some do think there is too much overlap.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/are-certain-a-level-combinations-too-narrow

Communication / report writing can be an important part of an accountants job and combining an essay subject with maths and economics will give you a well rounded set of skills.

OK, Thanks :smile: Although ive heard that history has a lot of content:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending