The Student Room Group

Scare me so I can lose weight

Right, weird thing to ask, I need to lose a couple of stone and honestly I just need a bunch of people to be harsh about my weight and tell me the true realities of being Obese (yes I am obese), ie health & how others view me...

Anyway, help a girl out hahahaha, I know this may be open to a lot of trolling but help a girl out..

:smile:
Yeah... no.

Fear / disgust / self hatred isn’t a long term motivation for weight loss. It’ll lead you to be unhealthy, and miserable.

What is good motivation for weight loss - Is doing for the sake of good health, and wanting to love your body.

There’s no shame in wanting to lose weight, but do so by starting a healthy life style. Not by reading a bunch of online comments from trolls calling you a fat arse.
Moved to health
Possible outcome of Type 2 Diabetes, which is common in people who are obese: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-34847776
Original post by Anonymous
Right, weird thing to ask, I need to lose a couple of stone and honestly I just need a bunch of people to be harsh about my weight and tell me the true realities of being Obese (yes I am obese), ie health & how others view me...

Anyway, help a girl out hahahaha, I know this may be open to a lot of trolling but help a girl out..

There is no need to scare you, there is nothing worse that illness. We all pray that we never have to live with a deadly illness or disease and you don't have to aswell.

Make a workout/diet plan. Since you are obese you are likely to lose the weight faster. Try to have a diet that consists of 1200 calories and cardio 5 times a week, once a day. I think cycling and waking after each meal is a good way to lose fat. Remember to take baby step and to lose fat you must burn more calories than you eat. Drinking green tea with each meal is good to boost your metabolism. If you really really want to lose it faster Try to go veggie and cut out all meat and carbohydrates such a bread. Instead stick to beans for protein and Yogurt.

Don't give yourself a hard time, treat yourself. Your opinion is the one that matter the most and the end results will be rewarding.

Good luck x
Reply 5

There's a bunch of things that can happen if you are overweight from being more easily worn out and sweating more to heart and bone issues that could potentially lead to early death or disability. If you want to scare yourself then hop on google. Nothing like health websites to terrify you.

As far as socially goes people can be really judgemental about weight, but any decent person should be able to appreciate you as a person and not let your weight cloud their entire view of you.

As far as weight loss goes that has to come from you. You need to properly care and want to loose weight. You can't keep dedicated by just getting strangers to scare you. There's long term dedication involved in not just loosing, but keeping off weight. You need to make this your new life not some scare response.

Now yes there is dedication involved, but that doesn't mean it has to be really hard. Make sustainable changes that fit in with your life/ your life can fit into and that you can stick to. Find exercise and foods you can enjoy, praise yourself for progress you make and make this a positive journey not some redemption path or panic.

For keeping a positive mindset about it look at some of the things people have said about loosing weight. How they feel better about themselves, have more energy etc. That's your new life so get psyched about it and be proud of yourself for any steps you make towards that. Set goals, track your exercise, make cool healthy meals, get yourself cool new clothes when you go down sizes. Do whatever you gotta do to really own this.

Good luck. :smile:
BOO
BOO

damn it thats what i was gonna do!

I will kiss and hug u if u lose weight
You are at a very high risk of getting Diabetes type 2 and trust me when I tell you this, it absolutely sucks!
before you realise, you may end up like these guys

https://youtu.be/64yAzs5ywlc
https://youtu.be/ZjbdMWsze6w

and you don't want to be cranky like this one:

https://youtu.be/9mJWY-zHvBI
https://youtu.be/VcWAXgoGCx4

a good way to start losing weight is to drink only water with your meals and nothing else. I heard that has a big effect.👍
(edited 5 years ago)
Get of your fat ass and go jogging everyday or take a HI workout class. Eat less drink lots of water. Cut out sugar altogether. Stick to a high protine low carb diet.

I get my motivation from calisthenics videos at youtube. Or transformation videos.

And parkrun.
If you go on holiday, do you really want to be that person on the beach everyone stares at (for the wrong reasons?) On the plane not being able to fit in your seat? Being told you are too heavy for something? Think about the damage inside your body, not just outside!

Do some volunteering.

NHS is short on staff. Volunteer on the diabetes ward, with all the amputees.
Original post by gweilo100
do some volunteering.

Nhs is short on staff. Volunteer on the diabetes ward, with all the amputees.

oooooffff
it's been a year OP.... any news ?

:holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending