The Student Room Group

Engineering at cambridge with no further maths

I'm hoping to apply to the engineering course at cambridge but I just dropped further maths and am only taking an AS (I just started Y13). I am taking maths, chemistry and physics as my other 3 but I am worried that this won't be enough and am considering changing it to Natural sciences. However I much prefer engineering as a subject and have a genuine interest in it.
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/engineering

If you have a genuine interest in the course, you can still get onto it. The website states that, if you have not done the full A level, having done the AS level content should be sufficient.

You may be asked to sit some of the STEP Papers.
Reply 2
Original post by vicvic38
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/engineering

If you have a genuine interest in the course, you can still get onto it. The website states that, if you have not done the full A level, having done the AS level content should be sufficient.

You may be asked to sit some of the STEP Papers.

Thanks for the reply. I also saw that but in practise I hear that they favour further maths quite a lot in full. Also the engineering course seems so competitive with 7 applicants per place that natural sciences seems so much more appealing (assuming I can write a good PS for it).
Original post by tddsrt
Thanks for the reply. I also saw that but in practise I hear that they favour further maths quite a lot in full. Also the engineering course seems so competitive with 7 applicants per place that natural sciences seems so much more appealing (assuming I can write a good PS for it).

Don't apply for a course that you aren't going to absolutely love studying, especially at Cambridge. The environment is so pressurised, you'll crash and burn.
Reply 4
Original post by vicvic38
Don't apply for a course that you aren't going to absolutely love studying, especially at Cambridge. The environment is so pressurised, you'll crash and burn.

Okay well thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending